Jay Gruden is now the winningest HC in the Snyder Era

turtle28

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

No. You've avoided the answer, Just like you just did. The team isn't going back to DC.

So if it comes to VA, the question still stands. 

I don’t know what to say other than I’m not happy the team plays in Md currently, I never liked the move to Landover. I wouldn’t like a move to even further out in the exurbs of DC - whether that’s Ashburn/Loudon, Fairfax County, Anne Arundle, Prince William, Howard County or Frederick counties - because it’s further from the capital and Washington DC. 

I don’t know how I’m supposed to have sympathy for someone who chooses to live 30 plus miles from DC bc land/housing is cheaper but then complains about having to drive further to work - if they work near the city - or if they choose to go to sporting events/concerts in the city or at Fed Ex field that is only 10 miles from the US Capitol.

Sure it sucks that someone lives in Ashburn and has to travel all that way to Landover or to DC for events, but after all they chose to live there.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know what to say other than I’m not happy the team plays in Md currently, I never liked the move to Landover. I wouldn’t like a move to even further out in the exurbs of DC - whether that’s Ashburn/Loudon, Fairfax County, Anne Arundle, Prince William, Howard County or Frederick counties - because it’s further from the capital and Washington DC. 

I don’t know how I’m supposed to have sympathy for someone who chooses to live 30 plus miles from DC bc land/housing is cheaper but then complains about having to drive further to work - if they work near the city - or if they choose to go to sporting events/concerts in the city or at Fed Ex field that is only 10 miles from the US Capitol.

Sure it sucks that someone lives in Ashburn and has to travel all that way to Landover or to DC for events, but after all they chose to live there.

When have I complained about having to drive to Landover? I want to keep it there

Methinks you need to look up the definition of "exurbs" if you think Fairfax is an exurban area of DC. Also, the Anne Arundel line is what, fifteen miles, from Fed Ex and less than 20 miles from RFK?

Most people aren't complaining about the distance they have to travel but the mess that the arterial roads become once they come closer to DC. I've turned down positions because they were inside the beltway because I've done the commute from hell (Tysons to Columbia daily). Not worth my health and well being.

Likewise, if the experience of going to FedEx was better, I would be more willing to suck it up and drive. But I don't because A) the experience is atrocious, and B) that would mean giving more money to Snyder.

Speaking of Jay Gruden , If this got discussed I missed it so forgive me --Halftime of the Saints game it was reported Gruden was addressing the team and Josh Norman had on headphones. ( Which he said he always did at halftime - why I don't know ! ) Gruden apparently calmly went over and personally removed them . 

We win the next two games - I wonder if that could have been a maturing moment for all concerned ,, and the team .

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Speaking of Jay Gruden , If this got discussed I missed it so forgive me --Halftime of the Saints game it was reported Gruden was addressing the team and Josh Norman had on headphones. ( Which he said he always did at halftime - why I don't know ! ) Gruden apparently calmly went over and personally removed them . 

We win the next two games - I wonder if that could have been a maturing moment for all concerned ,, and the team .

Yeah, it was reported earlier. Hopefully it is the case (bolded)

On 10/22/2018 at 1:03 PM, Thaiphoon said:

When have I complained about having to drive to Landover? I want to keep it there

I know I quoted you but I’m not just talking about you, Lavar mentioned something about it and others have before.

13 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

So, Gruden stood his ground made a point and an example of the teams highest paid player at half time and that player has responded with better play the next two games and we’ve won every game since?

Good for Gruden! 

I think it’s forgetten that Gruden in his first year didn’t put up with kind of stuff as he was finding his own kind of players and building the team he wanted.

Must we forget how he handled Amerson and RG3?

Archived