Devonta Freeman Placed on IR

GSUeagles14

"Following the game against Pittsburgh, where Devonta injured his foot, we thought he was just having general soreness in his groin area," Quinn said. "As the week went on, it continued, so we decided to have him get some tests. It has been determined that he will need a procedure that will result in us placing him on injured reserve.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24998462/atlanta-falcons-placing-rb-devonta-freeman-injured-reserve

The hits keep coming for atl, should be back for the last few games of the season if the falcons somehow find themselves with a shot at the playoffs.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

How did you predict them losing Keanu Neal, Deion Jones and Devonta Freeman? Cause that's really impressive.

I didn't.  This was my prediction for them fully healthy.  But it was because I assumed Matt Ryan would continue to play like hot garbage and the defense would be the stronger side of the ball for them, which is strange cuz he's been surprisingly solid this year

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

I didn't.  This was my prediction for them fully healthy.  But it was because I assumed Matt Ryan would continue to play like hot garbage and the defense would be the stronger side of the ball for them, which is strange cuz he's been surprisingly solid this year

Yeah the offense has actually been pretty good this year. It seems Sarks finally learned how to call plays in the NFL. Too bad the defense is a mess.

6 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

I tried to tell everyone the Falcons were a 6-10 team before the season.  I really did

Even with all the injuries we have had on both sides of the balls we are literally 1 play away in all but the steelers game from being 5-1.  Not 1 score but literally 1 play which is crazy to me but the steelers straight up whipped are azz.   If we can somehow win the giants game and go into the bye week at 3-4.  We can get somewhat healthy and almost have Debo back soon after that.  We have a small but ok chance to make the playoffs with as bad as alot of the NFC has played so far.

Our injury list for this early into a season is absurd  This is guys who have missed atleast half of the season already or is already out for the season  and another list of players who have missed 2+ games.

Half/IR
Deion Jones - Starting MLB
Keanu Neal - Starting SS
Ricardo Allen - Starting FS
Grady Jarrett - Starting DT
Andy Levitre  - Starting LG
Devonta Freeman - Starting RB
Derrick Shelby - Rotational DE/DT
Justin Bethel - ST Ace/Probowler

These guys have missed a game or 2 so far or literally just got injured and might miss a few games
Takk Mckineley - Starting DE
Matt Bryant - Starting Kicker
Mohhamad Sanu - Starting WR
Calvin Ridley - Slot WR/Starter
Isaiah Oliver -  #3/4 CB
Jack Crawford - Rotational DE/DT

Im probably missing 1 or 2 but thats all i can think of so far but still for 5 to 6 games thats a hard hit for any team to overcome.  I think we have done quite well to be in every single game within 1 play of winning outside of the steelers game.

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Are they missing Freeman that much though? Coleman and Ito Smith are a pretty good tandem. 

i guess not cause Ryan is on fire and theyre doing a lot of damage through the air. But coleman hasnt looked as good as he has, ito is interesting as a cop guy. If anything i think it shows the falcons will be comfortable letting coleman walk and having smith take that role next year.

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Are they missing Freeman that much though? Coleman and Ito Smith are a pretty good tandem. 

Coleman is averaging 3.7 YPC and Smith is averaging 3.2. Freeman never averaged lower than 4.0 on a season in his entire career, averaging 4.4 in 2017 and 4.8 in 2016 (4.9 in his 14 carries this season).

That's a pretty substantial difference. Efficiency is everything for RBs.

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Even with all the injuries we have had on both sides of the balls we are literally 1 play away in all but the steelers game from being 5-1.  Not 1 score but literally 1 play which is crazy to me but the steelers straight up whipped are azz.   If we can somehow win the giants game and go into the bye week at 3-4.  We can get somewhat healthy and almost have Debo back soon after that.  We have a small but ok chance to make the playoffs with as bad as alot of the NFC has played so far.

Our injury list for this early into a season is absurd  This is guys who have missed atleast half of the season already or is already out for the season  and another list of players who have missed 2+ games.

Half/IR
Deion Jones - Starting MLB
Keanu Neal - Starting SS
Ricardo Allen - Starting FS
Grady Jarrett - Starting DT
Andy Levitre  - Starting LG
Devonta Freeman - Starting RB
Derrick Shelby - Rotational DE/DT
Justin Bethel - ST Ace/Probowler

These guys have missed a game or 2 so far or literally just got injured and might miss a few games
Takk Mckineley - Starting DE
Matt Bryant - Starting Kicker
Mohhamad Sanu - Starting WR
Calvin Ridley - Slot WR/Starter
Isaiah Oliver -  #3/4 CB
Jack Crawford - Rotational DE/DT

Im probably missing 1 or 2 but thats all i can think of so far but still for 5 to 6 games thats a hard hit for any team to overcome.  I think we have done quite well to be in every single game within 1 play of winning outside of the steelers game.

Yeah tbh you guys have actually impressed me on offense this season outside of the first game.  I think I remember something about how you guys were the first team to put up over 500 yards of offense with no turnovers in 2 straight games and lose both of them.  I didn't expect Ryan to play to the level of his contract but he's definitely exceeded my expectations.  My prediction looking like it may come true is more of dumb luck than anything lol

Archived