Week 7 - Houston @ Jax

ET80

Shareece Wright is OUT.  Dude has been a life saver so far and one of the best man to man defenders we've had since Joseph's prime or that oNe yEaR WoNdEr UDFA we handed over to this weeks opponent.  I assume this means Kareem draws full-time CB duty and Reid plays every snap again, but someone is getting their first defensive snaps as 5th/6th DBs this week. Kind of shocked we haven't made a roster move as you simply can't go into a game with 3 healthy CBs, one of them a 34 year old.  DBs Bademosi, Jamerson, Moore, and Tyson have all been core special teamers but haven't seen a defensive snap yet.  Just guessing, but Tyson is probably most likely as he's played some CB as well.  I don't get the sense they want Bademosi back there. Wouldn't be shocked if Chachere got the call up this week from the PS.

Ryan Griffin is OUT as well.  Personally, I'm hoping Akins and Thomas seize the job while he's out as I still have no idea what O'Brien sees in Griffin to like as he's a poor to mediocre blocker, can't make a contested catch, and is too slow to get separation.  On the bright side, after the Jags stop the Blue/Miller run up the middle, followed by the Coutee shovel pass or Hopkins fade, they might actually have to defend something other than the desperation heave to a completely covered Griffin on 3rd and 1 from the 1.  Expecting to be dazzled by the creativity that ensues with our playcalling inside the 5.  Heck, maybe we'll see something besides 4 yard passes to YACmaster Griffin on 3rd and 15 as well.   

Fulton is questionable.  Dude has been one of our only decent pass protectors, but he is an absolute liability for the run game.  Mancz would get the start if Fulton isn't ready to go.  Personally, I'd like to see Mancz play center with Martin moving over to RG as amongst other things Martin is awful at actually snapping the ball with every shotgun snap nearly skipping off the ground which has got to disrupt Watson's rhythm and takes his eyes off the targets and the rush.  Martin caused the critical false start from the 1 last week screwing up the snap count (attributed to Lamm, but the whole line moved because the ball wasn't snapped).  Dude has gotten a pass for being a bottom tier center because tackle play has been so poor, but Fulton and Kelemete have been upgrades on XSF & Allen and it's time to admit Mancz was significantly better the year he subbed for Martin than Martin has been. If Davenport can be sat down a week to clear his head after the false start debacle, Martin should as well.

Venue:
Sunday, Oct 21, 2018 • Noon CT • TIAA Bank Field • Jacksonville, FL
verticalphoto-06111a388a.jpg

Radio:
SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

TV:
07-CBS-E-V2.png

New England @ Chicago Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts (Red)
Buffalo @ Indianapolis Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta (Blue)
Houston @ Jacksonville Andrew Catalon, James Lofton (Green)
NO GAME due to local home game on FOX (Gray)

Update: Albany NY: NE-CHI to BUF-IND (Blue)

Preview: YouTube

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Ron Torbert

Uniform Combination: Liberty White Jerseys/Deep Steel Blue Pants

Weather: 71° F Clear  Full Weather: Link 

Go Texans!

Archived