Week 7 - Houston @ Jax

ET80

Not exactly a satisfying game taking the air out of the ball in the 2nd half, but it's our first turnover-free game I can remember in a year. This is one game where getting up and riding the defense to a win was called for.   25-1 when leading at half ain't an accident. Aggressive may be fan pleasing, but Colts and Titans have both handed away games with rookie coaches trying to prove their manhood and getting whipped for it. 

Watson didn't take many hits which is huge for a short turnaround vs. Miami on Thurs.  I think Campbell playing hurt was a big factor in being able to move the ball on the inside run, but I'm telling you Fulton's run blocking has been a major problem.  Not gunna cry if Mancz starts again Thurs.   Coutee's hammy needs to just be rested thru the bye at this point.  Was amazing to see Hal not only back, but starting and playing meaningful snaps.  The lack of holding calls with JJ Watt literally being tackled right in front of the ref to spare a sack are getting ridiculous.  

This feels like a big, season defining win. Maybe it's not and it just feels that way because this is totally the game that BOB would get blown out in after in past seasons. Also, the win feels extra good considering the Jags outscored the Texans 74-14 last year.

The defense is also really clicking the past 3 weeks. Tyrann looks to be getting more comfortable and the secondary is holding up relatively well despite the injuries and Clowney has also been on a rampage . If they can keep it up when Watson get's fully healthy, they will really be able to do some damage.

15 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Not exactly a satisfying game taking the air out of the ball in the 2nd half, but it's our first turnover-free game I can remember in a year. 

Crawl before you walk, I say. It's the first wire-to-wire W I've seen in a while, where the team was the better team for all four quarters. The team looked good in all three phases of the game, clearly better than the Jags yesterday. 

Kudos to the whole team, it was an impressive win all around.

56 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

true but thurs being in Houston makes the game more intriguing with osweiler starting.

I hope he doesnt come back and beat us. How many back ups have come in and been able to score on our D this year? Peterman did it, though he tanked afterwards. Kessler did it as well. We lost to Blane Gabbert. 

hopefully we buck that trend this week. 

I mean, ive been #NeverBOB from the beginning, but i would rather make the playoffs this year than tank

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I hope he doesnt come back and beat us. How many back ups have come in and been able to score on our D this year? Peterman did it, though he tanked afterwards. Kessler did it as well. We lost to Blane Gabbert. 

hopefully we buck that trend this week. 

I mean, ive been #NeverBOB from the beginning, but i would rather make the playoffs this year than tank

id rather tank and have a high seahawks first rounder.  tired of being mediocre with bill o brien coaching.

Archived