GDT: Philly "We All We Got" delphia Eagles vs the Carolina "Remember when we had the dab" Panthers

eagles18

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Nothing else depresses me more than football. It’s insane. And honestly, it’s the teams fault. If we just sucked, it would be acceptable. But we find these ways to lose games we should win, it make me so angry. My whole demeanor changes. God dammit. 

This. 

Even the worst break up I've ever gone through didn't make me feel half as crappy as I am after certain Eagles losses every year. 

Like you said, if we were just the Browns or something, and we're the butt of NFL jokes for years etc it'd be one thing. Because at least they knew they were always gonna suck, and now that they do have some hope, it still isn't the kind of hope that will make you want to kick a puppy after a L. (How I feel atm). It's more like "Oh I hope we just can win 4 games this year AND maybe our QB we just picked at #1 will look exciting now and then". 

But nah. We're Philly fans. We got our ONE Superbowl. And now, the football God's will be back to ****ting on us every year in the worst and most Creative ways possible.

"Got a franchise QB who looks like he's gonna be the best NFL QB for the next decade? HA. I hope he likes a nice torn ACL right before playoff time"....."And to just eff with all of you drunken a holes anyway, now your team is going to go on a magical run WITHOUT your beloved quarterback. Instead, it will be with Nick Freaking Foles baby. And just for more laughs, were gonna go ahead and sprinkle some more magic dust on your team and turn your coaches and Doug into genius coaches for 2 games in the NFCCF and SB. That way, you guys will be even MORE excited about your team when 2018 comes and your savior QB is healthy."

6 months later

"Wentz is getting healthy now? Yeah, let's go ahead and take away Foles' magic from before. He can just be the turd of a QB he was normally now. And while we're at it..... the Ginger Jesus is actually back and looks incredible. Sooooo pass blocking? Yeah yours sucks now. Run game? HA I'll take Ajayi's knee now. Alshon Jeffrey is still too good...so we will just turn all your other WRs into a steaming pile of garbage or just injure them. Oh and remember that defense...the one that dominated the NFL in 2017? Ya, we made some uh adjustments"

Those are the football Gods spitting down on us. 

God damn it. I hate everyone that isn't you guys. Now I'm gonna be forced to avoid mostly all social media and anything football related. All that'll happen is I'll hear like Max Kellerman talking "Were the Eagles the biggest SB fluke winners ever" with that other idiot and I'll get so mad I'll throw my phone at  the TV and break it. 

Secondary: They're missing McLeod a ton. Not having a safety back there is really messing with the rest of the secondary. But that doesn't excuse or get to how horrible Mills and Darby have been. The Eagles legitimately need 2 new starting CBs next season. Those two have been very bad. And if you think about it, with McLeod going down and with Patrick Robinson leaving in FA, the Eagles are currently without McLeod and Robinson. They were both key contributors to the secondary last year. 

Defensive Line: They've been phenomenal. Honestly, they're the reason the secondary doesn't look like even more of a disaster so far.

Jernigan was great in the first half of the regular season last year but there was definitely a drop off in his play in the 2nd half of the season. But they're really missing having a capable player on the field next to Cox. There's really no depth at DT and it's showing late in games. Sure, it's a "nice to have" but it's a "nice to have" that this team had last year on a Superbowl run. Can't complain about the rest of the DL. They've been pretty great. Only thing I've been wishing for is more development from Barnett. Waiting on him to breakout. I'm glad they drafted Josh Sweat as a developmental player but he clearly has a ways to go in terms of physically getting ready for the NFL. Seems a little too thin to be playing year one. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with Brandon Graham. The longer he goes without a contract, the more concerned I am that he won't be back next year. Still plenty of time so the panic meter shouldn't be at a 10/10 right now.

LB: Can't complain. They've done their jobs. I don't view them as the problem. Hicks and Bradham have done well. Wonder if Hicks will be back on a new contract and if he does what that will look like.

Offensive Line: This is a big area that on paper doesn't seem different from last year but is clearly not the same. Lane Johnson has been a massive disappointment. Most people believe he's a franchise tackle and one of the better linemen in the NFL. You expect those types of players to improve in their age 28 season and not regress. His play has been so surprising. Maybe he's injured. I don't know if he is or not but his play has really taken a step back. Same could honestly be said for every single player on the OL. They're just not nearly as good as they looked last year. 

Jason Peters - 36 years old, Jason Kelce - 30 years old,  Brandon Brooks - 29 years old, Lane Johnson - 28 years old, Isaac Seumalo - 24 years old. 

It's time to get younger on the OL. I fully expect the Eagles to go heavy on OL in the draft.

Running Back: Another very different group compared to last season. Ajayi, injured. Blount, free agency departure. Clement and Smallwood as just the two backs have individual things they do well. Clement does more things well but is clearly playing hurt. And that's kind of the problem with missing guys like Ajayi and Blount. More capable bodies that can do different things really well. Coupled with the OL regressing, the RB attrition has hurt our ability to run. 

Another position where I expect the Eagles to draft a player or two. Sproles will be done after this year. Ajayi will be gone. I think the Eagles can move on from Smallwood. 

Wide Receiver and Tight End: Jeffery is a beast and is proving how much of a difference maker he is. Zach Ertz is incredible and on pace to break TE records for a single season. Agholor hasn't had a lot of volume this year and hasn't been as noticeable. Goedert's potential is very clear whenever he's involved. I'd bet that he's going to be a major weapon in 2019. 

Beyond those players, I'm not exactly sure what the Eagles have as far as receiving threats. They desperately need a deep threat. It's a bit puzzling that they have struggled to find one in the draft. It seems like numerous teams have found players to stretch the field late in the draft or on cheap free agent deals. Instead, the Eagles have seemingly missed on these types of WRs in the last two years. Torrey Smith clearly didn't give them what they would have hoped. Shelton Gibson looks like a bust. Mike Wallace got injured. An example of a player they had available in FA was John Brown. Signed a 1 year 5 million dollar contract with the Ravens in the offseason and is on pace to finish with 64 receptions, 1275 receiving yards, and 9 receiving TDs. I'm not sure that pace holds but even something along the lines of 55 receptions, 975 receiving yards, and 5 receiving TDs is a WR the Eagles could use opposite Jeffery.

Quarterback: No concerns with Wentz at all. He looks great and is getting more comfortable. I wish he looked better in the last drive against the Panthers and that's something he needs to clean up. The only young QB in the NFL I'd take over Wentz is Mahomes but you could make the argument that you could take Mahomes over most NFL QBs right now. The Eagles made a pretty big mistake not trading Foles this offseason. He's going to walk and I doubt anyone gives him a big enough contract to get a high comp pick. If they could find a sucker to take him now, that would be awesome but doubtful. That's going to be a mistake that Howie regrets because it was easy value.

19 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Season over. This team has no heart

Never!  I've seen 1-15 and 0-16. Those seasons were over. Eagles are a string of division wins from being back in the playoffs. 

This team has no one healthy. Jay and Sproils are toast. Clement and Smallwood are barely serviceable. WRs are banged up. O-line is banged up. Heck we are even down to practice squad waterboys. We need to trade for a healthy RB and/or WR. I truly believe we are a healthy team from being undefeated or a 1 loss team. 

Beat the QB challenged Jax and get to that bye week. 

Lastly, when the game is televised in my area... we usually win. The next 2 games will be national televised. ;) We got this. 

Fly Eagles Fly!

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

3 hours ago, WeaponX said:

Running Back: Another very different group compared to last season. Ajayi, injured. Blount, free agency departure. Clement and Smallwood as just the two backs have individual things they do well. Clement does more things well but is clearly playing hurt. And that's kind of the problem with missing guys like Ajayi and Blount. More capable bodies that can do different things really well. Coupled with the OL regressing, the RB attrition has hurt our ability to run. 

Another position where I expect the Eagles to draft a player or two. Sproles will be done after this year. Ajayi will be gone. I think the Eagles can move on from Smallwood. 

This IMO is the main reason we can't protect a lead. We are averaging 30 less yds a gm on the ground. No longer are we a Ground and Pound running game with 3 RB all over 230lbs straight mailing defenses in the 4th. We're now a finess team that is relying on misdirection.

A team incapable of grinding down the clock via the ground game. We ran the ball with a 17 pt lead (One GD Time) in the 4th QT. ONE!!!!!! That's in excusable as a OC and a playcaller. Pederson has reverted back to his DTM play calling.

When you have scrubs Yes Scrubs that are all #3 type RB not Bell cows, these are the results you get. Hard to run a 4 min Offense like we did numerous times last year to  seal wins, when you're passing every ******* down!

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Never!  I've seen 1-15 and 0-16. Those seasons were over. Eagles are a string of division wins from being back in the playoffs. 

This team has no one healthy. Jay and Sproils are toast. Clement and Smallwood are barely serviceable. WRs are banged up. O-line is banged up. Heck we are even down to practice squad waterboys. We need to trade for a healthy RB and/or WR. I truly believe we are a healthy team from being undefeated or a 1 loss team. 

Beat the QB challenged Jax and get to that bye week. 

Lastly, when the game is televised in my area... we usually win. The next 2 games will be national televised. ;) We got this. 

Fly Eagles Fly!

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

Sure they might salvage a serviceable season in a trash division but SB contenders, this team is not 

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Sure they might salvage a serviceable season in a trash division but SB contenders, this team is not 

Right now, yes. Come January who knows?

Last year we were Playoff contenders after 8 weeks. After Wentz went on IR. Not one person believed potential SB Champs. Not one!

A lot has to change in the next 2 months but Nothing is off the board , including a SB run. Starts against Jacksonville though this week.

Archived