Cards fire OC Mike McCoy

Texansfan713

That's the problem when a team hires a HC late that's not an O guru - they had nothing but horrible choices - retreads, or unproven guys.  I'd rather go unproven, but obv. I have little to lose.  

This will really help Rosen's development simply by not having McCoy's complete lack of imagination responsible for play calling.  So many times last night, plays were coming in with less than 20 secs left to the huddle, leaving no time for adjustments.  And WAY too many runs up the middle for David Johnson - no touches in space, and no pass catching.

David Johnson is probably the most thankful guy in ARI today...followed by his fantasy owners.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That's the problem when a team hires a HC late that's not an O guru - they had nothing but horrible choices - retreads, or unproven guys.  I'd rather go unproven, but obv. I have little to lose.  

This will really help Rosen's development simply by not having McCoy's complete lack of imagination responsible for play calling.  So many times last night, plays were coming in with less than 20 secs left to the huddle, leaving no time for adjustments.  And WAY too many runs up the middle for David Johnson - no touches in space, and no pass catching.

David Johnson is probably the most thankful guy in ARI today...followed by his fantasy owners.

Dont want to get off topic but I hate when coaches try and use backs that shouldnt be running between the tackles in that role.  Bill O'Brien does the same thing with Lamar Miller and it pisses me off. 

As a DJ fantasy owner, this is the best news that could have possibly come out of today and almost makes last night's stinker worth it.

Excited to see what Leftwich can do, the fact that he's an Arians holdover/protege makes me hopeful he'll have a better idea how to use that offense's best players. 

As much as McCoy sucks...   being stuck with a mentally shaken Bradford and rookie Rosen would get a lot of OC’s fired. 

I think there’s a certain assistant for a division rival that has some good history with Rosen and would be a good fit if Leftwich doesn’t work out.. @jrry32

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

As a DJ fantasy owner, this is the best news that could have possibly come out of today and almost makes last night's stinker worth it.

Excited to see what Leftwich can do, the fact that he's an Arians holdover/protege makes me hopeful he'll have a better idea how to use that offense's best players. 

Same. 

BTW, exactly the same stuff that DEN players were saying last year - scheme was way too verbose, took too long to get plays in, while the scheme itself was incredibly unimaginative.   Literally every play you watch, you will see Rosen having to check this mega-list, and the clock is inside 20 secs before the players are ready to break huddle.  Then Rosen has to try and make at-the-line reads with less than 12 secs left.   And maybe 3 outside runs, and only 1-2 targets for DJ as a pass-catcher.  But about 10+ for Chad freaking Williams.

SMH, McCoy is an abomination as an OC.  May he never be on the sidelines of an NFL, or even CFB team, again.

Archived