Patriots @ Bears GDT

WindyCity

Most important battle will be, who is the best QB/Sex Symbol on the lake front.

220px-Mitchell_Trubisky.jpg

ZTK4IECW3YI6RNSWUX4MFKJJLU.jpg

I think that Mitch has a strong traditional suit game, where he gets a little wild with patterns, but keeps it mostly in the box.

I think Tom is more of a risk taker in terms of looks and combinations, this mortal combat look is one from the MET Gala.

While I like Mitch's look I think Tom takes fashion.

Mack and Robinson are questionable. So is Callahan, who apparently hurt his ankle yesterday and had it flare up overnight. Amukamara is probable.

NE is 21st vs the pass, 18th vs the run. They are tied in last in the NFL in sacks and the Bears have one of the best pass blocking OL's in the game.

Patriots 31-20

Best QB, best coach, best TE... IDGAF.  We are winning this game!

Pats struggled when they faced Jacksonville and Detroit on the road, mind you they didn't have Edelman and Gordon then but still.  I believe our defense is on par with the Jags D and better than the Lions D.

Our offense shouldn't have issue moving the ball against their defense.  As long as Mack and Co. can get to Brady all day I feel we will win.  Let's go!

Oh man. I don't ******* know. I'm used to the Patriots kicking the **** out of us, but these also aren't Lovie's Bears.

I want us to get an upset W to make up for the upset L to the Dolphins... but can you do that against the greatest head coach in NFL history and one of the best QBs in league history?

Looks like the Patriots are giving up points, and I believe Nagy will look at what his mentor did last week when Kansas City dropped 40 points on them.

I expect a ton of quick/short passing from Brady, will Fangio adjust? He didn't seem to do it last week... why not press those ******* WRs? It's a toss-up for me at this point, and I think it's going to be a huge test for MT10. Gut says loss, hope I'm wrong.

Bears - 20
Patriots - 27

I think this will be a close game but the Bears take it. The deciding factor will be turnovers, the Pats are coughing up the ball this season and we get a couple of lucky bounces to win the game. 

Pats O has a strong game against our D but is overall contained. Bears O is also contained but excels comparatively to earlier this year.

27-23 Bears.

17 minutes ago, G08 said:

Oh man. I don't ******* know. I'm used to the Patriots kicking the **** out of us, but these also aren't Lovie's Bears.

I want us to get an upset W to make up for the upset L to the Dolphins... but can you do that against the greatest head coach in NFL history and one of the best QBs in league history?

Looks like the Patriots are giving up points, and I believe Nagy will look at what his mentor did last week when Kansas City dropped 40 points on them.

I expect a ton of quick/short passing from Brady, will Fangio adjust? He didn't seem to do it last week... why not press those ******* WRs? It's a toss-up for me at this point, and I think it's going to be a huge test for MT10. Gut says loss, hope I'm wrong.

Bears - 20
Patriots - 27

I'm also a fan of how the site automatically sensors inappropriate words, so you dont have to ******* worry about not writing it yourself and can let your true emotion show in your ******* words

5 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I'm also a fan of how the site automatically sensors inappropriate words, so you dont have to ******* worry about not writing it yourself and can let your true emotion show in your ******* words

Lol I post on another board so I just cut and pasted it from there

Listening to BB, he does give some great stuff, it's a coaching clinic if you ask the right questions.  My gut is telling me they are going to try to take Cohen out of the game, but I dont think they have the personnel to do it. This offense will score some points against that defense.  Whether the Bears win or not comes down to can they get consistent pressure on Beady.  The bad news for the Pat's, this is the most red rear ended this D has been since after GB.  Just to remind everybody they responded by coming out and allowing 80 yards in 3 quarters against the Seahawks.  These guys are going to be looking to make a statement after the embarrassment against the dolphins.  Could be a very long day for the Pat's in the trenches.  Pat's score 2 TDs in the 4th qtr to make it look closer, Bears 30-27

This team is impossible for me to figure out.  If we are on we are one of the best teams in the NFL, when we play bad we look helpless.

I feel like we have a shoot out, and Fangio let's the defense get picked apart by his conservative playcalling. 

I will say the score will be 27-24, and my gut says Pats win. So I will say Bears win. 

Our starting RT is officially out, and I bet Mack plays. So this a good boost for Chicago. NE have usually done well taking a dominant pass rusher out of the game (Watt has never had a good day against us, for example), but there's always a chance he could have a Von Miller in 2016 type game. If so, rough day for our offense.

How is your run defense? You may be surprised how often we run it up the middle. It's been very effective recently, with Michel getting 3 100-yard games in a row. I love Hicks, I was gutted we let him go, so I wouldn't be surprised if you were farrrr sturdier here. Due to the threat from the passing game with Edelman, Gronk, Gordon, White and co - we have been facing a lot of nickel and dime, and Brady has been handing it off vs this light set up, as often as he has passed. It's a decent chess match.

I think your deep passing game has really been impressive, and we HAVE to get pressure (which we're not good at) and/or get physical with the receivers at the line (which we are quite good at) to disrupt timing. New England should also take a similar defensive approach as it did with Mahomes: trying to confuse the young quarterback before the snap in order to test his decision making and potentially force him into errant throws. Against Kansas City, this worked well – at least initially. 

Nagy would be well served using Cohen and Gabriel all day on crossing routes. We cannot cover them. 

You've got some really good posters on here, I often come over and check out some of the writing. So been looking forward to this :D 

Archived