Patriots @ Bears GDT

WindyCity

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=O&sort=konum

Before today Parkey had 30 kickoffs. 26 of them went for touchbacks. Both kickers have had a tough time on kick depth in that direction today. 

Good find, but I bet of those were simply kneels because the chances of getting to the 25 are lower. As it gets colder his kickoffs will drop too. He was under 60 for his average last year for a reason.

1 minute ago, yomyyo said:

Love that Burton was standing around and giving the TD signal as White was being tackled. 

Hard for him to do much there. He was ahead of the play. Had he been behind White and not helped push him into the end zone then we could criticize him but can't really fault Burton there.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Well the good thing about this loss is, A) We kept up with the Patriots and B)I don't think most of us were expecting a win here anyhow. 

In the words of Belichick himself.....we're onto the Jets. 

Agree with you on this. Most of us (including me) had this as a loss even with Gronk out. In prior years we lose that game 48-10. We’ve missed some opportunities over the past few weeks for sure but most of us he is at 3-3 at this point and that’s where we are. Good chance the next few weeks to stack some wins. 

Liked how the offense kept fighting too down 14 with 6 minutes left. Haven’t had that in the past. 

Also, I’m still trying to figure out why Belichick didn’t kick the 50 yard FG there. Was a yard away from being a potentially crushing decision. 

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Hard for him to do much there. He was ahead of the play. Had he been behind White and not helped push him into the end zone then we could criticize him but can't really fault Burton there.

Great play from Harmon, had he not been there, now would we be watching OT

Archived