Patriots @ Bears GDT

WindyCity

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agree with you on this. Most of us (including me) had this as a loss even with Gronk out. In prior years we lose that game 48-10. We’ve missed some opportunities over the past few weeks for sure but most of us he is at 3-3 at this point and that’s where we are. Good chance the next few weeks to stack some wins. 

Liked how the offense kept fighting too down 14 with 6 minutes left. Haven’t had that in the past. 

Also, I’m still trying to figure out why Belichick didn’t kick the 50 yard FG there. Was a yard away from being a potentially crushing decision. 

Agreed. Much like the other 2 losses we had about 10 different chances to put the game away and just fell a little short.

3 losses, all within one score is not bad for a previous 5-11 team. 

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Then the team watches White fight off 4 guys.

Pathetic.

I know we're all upset but let's be real. Pats DBs had all the momentum there to keep White out the end zone. Gabriel tried to do what he could to help push White in but can't expect a 5'8 165 lb WR to get that push. And Burton was already in the endzone when white caught it. For as good as the catch was tough play to make there.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:46 AM, Heinz D. said:

That's all true, but I'm a little more optimistic about the Bears' chances than the bulk of you folks as I think the Patriots (while undeniably a very good team) as still a work in progress--maybe even more so than the Bears are. I'm guessing the Bears will win, and it will blow everybody away how low scoring the game turns out to be...

O.o

Well...nothing like being totally wrong. 

It was a good game, though. And a better defensive showing than last week. A very weird game too, so hard to place much blame on anybody, but I'm gonna go with Nagy and Fangio. Too many deep throws early in the game--it doesn't matter what happened the last couple of weeks to the Patriots defense, if something isn't working, you have to adjust. On the other side, Fangio being Fangio, and this story is getting incredibly old incredibly quickly. Also, it's clear Mack should not have played at all. That was a horrible decision by the staff. 

15 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

Well at least the Bears finally have an identity.

A team that will always find a way to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Ugly to watch.

Not buying this. 

Bears were never really in control of this game except for when they were briefly up 17-7 in the 2nd before Patterson took the kick return to the house.  

Pats are simply a better team than Bears are right now.

The fact that they hung with the Pats for most of the game despite Mack playing on one leg and then special teams mistakes should be some what encouraging.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Not buying this. 

Bears were never really in control of this game except for when they were briefly up 17-7 in the 2nd before Patterson took the kick return to the house.  

Pats are simply a better team than Bears are right now.

The fact that they hung with the Pats for most of the game despite Mack playing on one leg and then special teams mistakes should be some what encouraging.

I agree the Pats were in control. I am encouraged they hung around and had several chances to win. We gotta beat the Jets. 

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I think it's really encouraging. (But then again, I didn't see the Pats dominating the game in the first place). If the game is called better, the Bears most likely win. 

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm wondering how much of that decision was on Mack too not wanting break that streak of not missing a game. 

I'd imagine quite a bit of that does fall on Mack. But a coach can't let any player, let alone a star player, wiggle his way onto the lineup if he shouldn't be playing. Mack's too valuable to the team. I know he sat quite a bit, but that was a bad decision on Nagy's part. And whoever they substituted for Mack may well have had a better game anyway. I haven't looked at the stats yet, but didn't Mack have like one pressure and a tackle (really a half of one) or something? Not worth risking him for any stretch of time. 

My problem is that Floyd is playing to many snaps in the backfield... Our DB's played pretty solid, we lost the game on screens and short passes through the middle, bcz of the zone D.

Also is concearning that we are rarely blitzing... Brady's protection collapsed on 3 blitz plays... hopefully Fangio can see it..

On offense, why do you try so many deep shots... Taylor Gabriel 0 routes through the middle?!... And how many Josh Bellamy deep routes instead of Kevin White, who is also a weapon... 

Playcalling was pretty mehh in this game, they need to call better and easier plays...

Just now, Heinz D. said:

I'd imagine quite a bit of that does fall on Mack. But a coach can't let any player, let alone a star player, wiggle his way onto the lineup if he shouldn't be playing. Mack's too valuable to the team. I know he sat quite a bit, but that was a bad decision on Nagy's part. And whoever they substituted for Mack may well have had a better game anyway. I haven't looked at the stats yet, but didn't Mack have like one pressure and a tackle (really a half of one) or something? Not worth risking him for any stretch of time. 

No doubt. The staff has to step in and do what's best for the team, not just an individual.

I haven't looked at the stat sheet yet either but that sounds about right. He was very ineffective and Nagy/Fangio should've noticed this in the game and just pulled him altogether becasue like you said, if he's gonna be a ghost out there anyhow, why risk further damage.

3 minutes ago, Bearsfancro said:

My problem is that Floyd is playing to many snaps in the backfield... Our DB's played pretty solid, we lost the game on screens and short passes through the middle, bcz of the zone D.

Also is concearning that we are rarely blitzing... Brady's protection collapsed on 3 blitz plays... hopefully Fangio can see it..

On offense, why do you try so many deep shots... Taylor Gabriel 0 routes through the middle?!... And how many Josh Bellamy deep routes instead of Kevin White, who is also a weapon... 

Playcalling was pretty mehh in this game, they need to call better and easier plays...

Obviously there is plenty of blame to go around and the majority of it is on the coaching staff in this game. But let's also keep in mind that trying to out-coach Belichick is not the easiest thing to do either. 

Archived