Jaguars trading for Carlos Hyde

pwny

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Well, this clearly shows something is pretty wrong with Fournette...

That.

And/or they’ve realized that you need more than literally one back capable of running power run plays when your entire offense’s ability to function is predicated on power running.

Hopefully it’s the latter, but I don’t doubt this is reactionary to Fournette being down for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I'm good with this.

Now we REALLY are the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde team...

Yeah I like it.

Not huge on Hyde but think he's pretty solid. Him and Yeldon should be a pretty damn solid duo. 

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Even when Fournette does come back though... Grant's career may be over (and if it isn't, he's unlikely to be the same type of player), Charles is old, and Yeldon very well may cash in in free agency. Hyde for a 5th makes a lot of sense.

The only part that is ??? Is the financial commitment. He makes about $5M per. But then again the cap is easy to manuever around.

Just now, .Buzz said:

The only part that is ??? Is the financial commitment. He makes about $5M per. But then again the cap is easy to manuever around.

Yeah, cap stuff doesn't bother me. Always a way to work around stuff. Worst case scenario, he's gone after this season or a little more which isn't bad for a 5th.

Let’s be honest; this should have been done before the start of the season.

I’m sure Hyde picked the Browns because he thought he could be RB1 there for a while (Chubb wasn’t drafted yet), so maybe Hyde was out of the question. But this team should have been on the phone with every power back’s agent the second they decided to let Ivory walk.

Even when Fournette is back, Yeldon should basically only be a third down back. And if they’re keeping him once Fournette is healthy, Charles should only be used even semi-regularly if he shows he can be the big play back we lost with Grant going out.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Mike Kaye loves it.

I like it too.

What I don't like about it is that it's more of the reactionary garbage that's plagued this franchise the entire time Caldwell has been our GM. We only make a change when that change is all but ready to cripple the season, and we basically never think and plan for anything but the perfect outcome.

Archived