Jaguars trading for Carlos Hyde

pwny

Solid trade for you guys. Hyde has been solid for us this year. Nothing spectacular, but he's a guy you can count on to typically give you solid production each week. For a fifth round pick, I'd say it was worth it on Jacksonville's end.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Well...

This is a major mistake if they don't play him.

Don't care if he doesn't know the whole playbook. Sit him down with Hackett and show him the plays he'll be running before you send him out there each time.

3 hours ago, pwny said:

This is a major mistake if they don't play him.

Don't care if he doesn't know the whole playbook. Sit him down with Hackett and show him the plays he'll be running before you send him out there each time.

i mean we really can just teach him the run plays  cuz we all know hes got meh hands catching

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i mean we really can just teach him the run plays  cuz we all know hes got meh hands catching

Pretty much. Didn't he average like 5 yards per reception last year? We need to be able to run the ball and are terrified to give Yeldon more than 10 carries because he is always hurting some

2 hours ago, Duuuuuvaal said:

Hey a reactionary trade worked out good last year when we grabbed Dareus to shore up our run defense. Love me some Hyde

Yeah, he should be a welcomed addition. Even with Fournette, we need more than one bruiser with the type of offense we want to run.

On 19/10/2018 at 1:35 PM, .Buzz said:

As pwny said, pretty damn stupid to have one guy who can do it if you want to base your entire offense around it/are THAT desperate for a power run game.

This is the part that just really grinds my gears.  I get making Fournette the "focal point" of your offense.  I get being frustrated that he's had trouble staying healthy.  But i mean, come on...let's rub a few brain cells together in that War Room during the offseason and think about the likelihood of a punishing "hard yards" physical back (with a history of lingering injuries) holding up for 20 touches a game every game over the course of the season?  It's absurdity.  If that's what you're going to build your offense around to try to "shelter" Bortles...come to play with a freaking Plan B.  Whether that's signing, trade, or ideally just...the draft.  Find at least a 2nd someone who can fit what you're dead set on building your offense around.

That's not really a sleight on Yeldon.  I think he's a really good 3rd down back and a perfectly capable #2RB in the NFL.  But he brings a completely different skillset, doesn't set anything resembling the same tone, and he just isn't built to be that workhorse we obviously needed behind Fournette.  Much less Grant, who was a change of pace gadget player as the #3RB.  And some completely hopeless chump as the 4th back.

It's like this front office think they're playing Madden with injuries set to "off" or something.  The literal focal point of your offense that you built around...and you didn't think a backup plan for that would be a priority?  lol.

Archived