HYDE TO JAX

mistakey

43 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I’m 99% sure this is Dorsey’s way of getting Chubb and Duke more touches. 

I agree. This seems like the FO saying, "Fine. You can't take advice, we'll just take the option part out of the equation."

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’m concerned about the depth also. 

Your concerned about a 3rd string RB. That’s a perfect concern to have. 

Mike Gillislee is a FA, Eddie Lacey is a FA if you want a bigger back, and that’s about it really. 

Dayes is on a PS, can go sign him. 

LOL at people saying we could have gotten one of Jacksonville's receivers. They're already in need of a receiver or two, so there's no way they were trading one of their only decent ones.

I'm pretty meh on this trade. Hyde likely wasn't in our longterm plans, but I think he's worth more to us than a fifth. Hopefully Chubb is ready to pass protect, because he definitely looks ready as a runner.

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We made our deadline stance known. 

For those wanting us to acquire talents, forget it. We’re sellers. 2-3-1 and we’ve decided to sell for what we can get. 

This doesn’t make us sellers. This isn’t baseball, you don’t see sellers or buyers. Hell this makes them more of buyers if you want to stick to that concept. They clear room to get Chubb and Duke more touches and it gives them ammo to make a trade for a WR

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’d have rather they just played the dang ferrari and made it clear he needed to play. I’d rather have quality depth at RB then a 5th and money. If Chubb gets hurt we really don’t have a true between the tackles runner. 

Part of me thinks Dorsey was so annoyed they won’t run Chubb he was going to give them no choice. 

yes i do too

Just now, buno67 said:

This doesn’t make us sellers. This isn’t baseball, you don’t see sellers or buyers. Hell this makes them more of buyers if you want to stick to that concept. They clear room to get Chubb and Duke more touches and it gives them ammo to make a trade for a WR

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

A 5th is very good value for Hyde. Some people just don’t understand trade value. Stars go for 3rd round picks. 5th is very fair for a guy anyone could have had in free agency. 

Yeah 5th is great value for a back the Browns were running into the ground 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That makes literally no sense buno. We’re buyers because it clears room to play Chubb? They could have played Chubb. Just tell your subordinates to do so and to do their jobs or they’ll be held accountable. All we did was get rid of a strength in depth at the position. Bad take. And I’ve been the leader of Team Chubb.

People mad about this trade have me laughing. Hyde was average this year. He's a good locker room guy, but a 5th is enormous value for a journeyman RB. 

Those poking holes in our depth, how hard is it to get a 3.5 YPC RB who can't block? He's almost got our QB killed multiple times. Give Chubb and Duke the ball. Sign D'Angelo Henderson or Matthew Dayes or whoever as depth and we all good.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

That makes literally no sense buno. We’re buyers because it clears room to play Chubb? They could have played Chubb. Just tell your subordinates to do so and to do their jobs or they’ll be held accountable. All we did was get rid of a strength in depth at the position. Bad take. And I’ve been the leader of Team Chubb.

I think it was more so to gain more ammo to make a trade for a WR. Prolly rather trade a couple 4th/5th rd picks for a guy then a 2nd/3rd rd pick 

also if you want to stick to baseball, you usually trade from your strengths. 

Like you said they could have played Chubb and kept Hyde. The browns just got a 5th rd pick for a potential back up RB. They got great value for a RB that most likely won’t be on the team next year if they kept him for the rest of the season  

This move does not scream selling and packing it in to me at all. 

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

They could have kept Hyde and probably signed the top 4 or 5 paid RBs in the league with our meager 54M or whatever it is.  I don't think we are sellers, but I'm not happy with the trade honestly.

2 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

People mad about this trade have me laughing. Hyde was average this year. He's a good locker room guy, but a 5th is enormous value for a journeyman RB. 

Those poking holes in our depth, how hard is it to get a 3.5 YPC RB who can't block? He's almost got our QB killed multiple times. Give Chubb and Duke the ball. Sign D'Angelo Henderson or Matthew Dayes or whoever as depth and we all good.

A 5th isn't enormous value for anyone. Hyde is 28 and probably only has a couple useful years left but like many others we'd liked to have seen Hyde stay on the roster and give Chubb more carries. It isn't like Chubb isn't an injury risk, we could quickly go from Hyde to someone less than Hyde. A 5th doesn't do anything for us 85% of the time.

Archived