The Next Few Weeks in the NFC North

WindyCity

New England @ Bears
Vikings @ Jets
Lions @ Miami
Packers Bye Week

Looks like the Bears will fall out of 1st place as they have a tough game and the Packers are off and the Vikings have a game that they should win, but it is on the road. The Lions have to go down into the heat and here is hoping that the Dolphins do the Bears a solid and put another nail in the Lions coffin for us.

Seahawks @ Lions
Jets @ Bears
Packers @ Rams
Saints @ Vikings

This is a week where the Bears can make up a game as they have by far the easiest game of the week and the Packers and Vikings have games that I do not think either will be favored in. The Seahawks are playing better and I am not sure that is a winnable game for the Lions either. The Jets game is a big one for the Bears as it could move them back into 1st place.

Lions @ Vikings
Bears @ Bills
Packers @ Patriots

This is another game that the Bears need to win as it could put them 2 wins ahead of the Packers and keep them in line with the Vikings heading into their head to head match up. Back to back brutal road games for the Packers makes this the time when we need to create a little space heading into the Bears 

If we beat the Patriots we can really position ourselves as a true playoff contender. 4-2 going into playing the Jets would really help us have a 1-2 game lead. This division will be the funnest for any casual fan to monitor. 

Don't count the Jets out, they are underrated.  I think they beat the Vikings this week at home, which would make a loss to the Pats that much more manageable. But I think we beat NE this week regardless and stay in 1st.  I'm confident in this team's ability to bounce back at home.

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

But I think we beat NE this week regardless and stay in 1st.

I don’t know that I’ll go so far as to say I think we beat the Pats but rewatching last year’s week 1 KC-NE game you know Nagy knows how to attack that defense. 

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t know that I’ll go so far as to say I think we beat the Pats but rewatching last year’s week 1 KC-NE game you know Nagy knows how to attack that defense. 

Nagy wasn't calling the plays in that game though. That didn't start until week 13.

I understand Nagy's offensive philosophy is derived from Ried. But having a philosophy and gameplan in place are totally different from actually executing them. 

Not only that, but at that point in time, Belichick didn't have any tape on KC's approach and tendencies whereas now he has 5 games of tape on our offense---and he is certainly not studying tapes from 2017. He is way too smart for that.

Point is, we can't really take much of anything significant from that game, IMO.  

------------------
As far as the OP and how the North shapes up within the few weeks.....I see it like this:

New England @ Bears
Vikings @ Jets
Lions @ Miami
Packers Bye Week

Seahawks @ Lions

Jets @ Bears
Packers @ Rams
Saints @ Vikings (Saints exact revenge on the missed tackle)

Lions @ Vikings

Bears @ Bills
Packers @ Patriots

^^This would leave the division standings like this heading into week 10 (not counting other teams' wins/losses ofcourse which can effect the final standings).
Bears = 5-3
Vikings = 5-3-1
Packers = 4-3-1
Lions = 2-6 

Archived