Browns & HoF partner to bid on hosting NFL Draft

BwickRedux

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/browns-team-up-with-pro-football-hall-of-fame-sports-commission-on-bid-to-host-2019-or-2020-nfl-draft

The Cleveland Browns, Pro Football Hall of Fame and Greater Cleveland Sports Commission have partnered to submit a bid to host to the 2019 or 2020 NFL Draft in Northeast Ohio. The group formally delivered its application to NFL headquarters last week.

If selected by the NFL, Cleveland and Canton would welcome the three-day NFL Draft to Northeast Ohio and celebrate the league’s 100th season in 2019 or centennial in 2020 after its establishment in Canton, Ohio on Aug. 20, 1920.

Considering how much is being put into the Hall of Fame renovations + how good Cleveland has been looking in the national spotlight over the past year or so, I could totally see the NFL doing this in one of the years being submitted for. I know I would definitely try to score some tickets, especially considering by 2019 or 2020, Sashi will probably own about half the first round's picks!

Archived