Mega Millions

Manny/Patrick

56 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Idk if I found the right actor for the job, feeding him would bankrupt me 

CGI it, you could save tons on feeding...kinda like what they did with Josh Brolin as Thanos in Infinity War and Brolin as Tommy Lee Jones in Men in Black 3...

10 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

If nobody gets it after $2B, would Mega Millions be within their rights to start drawing multiple winning numbers, or are they already some how legally boxed in to 1 drawing?

They wouldn't do it anyway, this is by design... They changed the format last year to reduce the odds of winning specifically so that jackpots would get higher because we've seen in the past that when they get insanely high lottery sales skyrocket. 

Mega millions (and Powerball as well) WANT these ridiculously high jackpots.

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

They wouldn't do it anyway, this is by design... They changed the format last year to reduce the odds of winning specifically so that jackpots would get higher because we've seen in the past that when they get insanely high lottery sales skyrocket. 

Mega millions (and Powerball as well) WANT these ridiculously high jackpots.

You could argue if it gets past $2B, and you could double or even triple everyone's chances of winning, it could beget more people buying tickets. It'd be an interesting social experiment, nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

You could argue if it gets past $2B, and you could double or even triple everyone's chances of winning, it could beget more people buying tickets. It'd be an interesting social experiment, nonetheless. 

I kind of agree actually.  For me, the difference between 1.6B and 2.5B conceptually is nothing.  I can't fathom that kind of wealth, so going from one huge arse number to another doesn't make me any more likely to buy a ticket.  But increase my chances of winning?  That does me stop for a second and think...

Still not buying a ticket though haha.

4 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Between taxes and choosing a lump sum payment (I'd do the lump sum), $2B would turn into less than $1B.

$1.6B is currently cash valued at $904mm, so I think we'd break the $1B mark at $2B...

Just now, Danger said:

Y'all have fun wasting your cash.

Eh. It's $10. It's spending $10 to fantasize on what I'd do if I won - y'know, everyone plans on being somewhat conservative with the bulk of the money, paying off all debt, starting up labors of love, buying boats and cars and houses, owning property in exotic locations, etc.

I don't think anyone has the expectation to win, but it's a lil escape for a few minutes of daydreaming. I could think of worse ways to spend $10.

Archived