Tracking Baker Mayfield VS. Sam Darnold's 1st Yr Play

Mind Character

52 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I mean, I am none of those things but we still do this regularly. You can order food in, or do a non-food event (videogames, beers and watching a movie/b-ball game, etc.). I guess I'm just surprised that nobody's done it in five years. 

Yet strangely I have never received an invite. Has anyone?

I was super pissed when we drafted Baker because I thought Darnold would be the better QB. I am glad I was wrong and I think we can all agree that Baker has IT (meaning leadership, accuracy, and can command an offense). I don't think I have ever been more wrong about a player coming out of college ever and I couldn't be more happy to be wrong. 

10 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I was super pissed when we drafted Baker because I thought Darnold would be the better QB. I am glad I was wrong and I think we can all agree that Baker has IT (meaning leadership, accuracy, and can command an offense). I don't think I have ever been more wrong about a player coming out of college ever and I couldn't be more happy to be wrong. 

I’m the ying to your yang or something like that. I have never been more right and more all in on wanting a player.

From early last college season he was my guy. I don’t get the Darnold love. Way to many turnovers in him. He reminds of Derek Anderson. Wow throw followed by boneheaded throw 

23 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I’m the ying to your yang or something like that. I have never been more right and more all in on wanting a player.

From early last college season he was my guy. I don’t get the Darnold love. Way to many turnovers in him. He reminds of Derek Anderson. Wow throw followed by boneheaded throw 

Agreed. I thought he might bust and still do. I know we're in the minority, though. It's always been Baker.

I'm still 50-50 on Darnold vs Baker, it is too early to tell imo. I was Darnold pre draft, his highlights were better than Bakers imo. It is important to remember Rg3 beat Luck for rookie of the year, but the best qb from the class is probably Wilson. 

It's all to early to tell, most likely the player with the most success will be the one with the best organization around them.

I was team Baker but I was also team Manziel and I was pretty close to where mistake was with the QBing thing, If Baker would have or does fail then i'm out even looking at future QBs. Well, hopefully we all are and it looks like we will be. Baker's floor seemed to be an average QB since at worst he would be accurate even if he couldn't read a defense or anticipate throws and it still seems like that would be the absolute lowest his floor would go (without a huge injury) so I guess we just get comfortable and enjoy the ride, hopefully.

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I was team Baker but I was also team Manziel and I was pretty close to where mistake was with the QBing thing, If Baker would have or does fail then i'm out even looking at future QBs. Well, hopefully we all are and it looks like we will be. Baker's floor seemed to be an average QB since at worst he would be accurate even if he couldn't read a defense or anticipate throws and it still seems like that would be the absolute lowest his floor would go (without a huge injury) so I guess we just get comfortable and enjoy the ride, hopefully.

I was also team Manziel and still believe if he had the physical tools to be a good QB, but boy did he not get the rest of it.

Archived