Tracking Baker Mayfield VS. Sam Darnold's 1st Yr Play

Mind Character

And if we are being honest here are some stone cold concrete locks for truth.

1. Baker Mayfield > Tom Brady

2. Nick Chubb > Walter Payton

3. Denzel Ward > Deion Sanders

4. Genard Avery > James Harrison

5. Austin Corbett is just being kept back until we absolutely need him. He is the ultimate secret weapon.

6. Radio as a head football coach > Hue Jackson as a head football coach

7. Don't F with John Dorsey.

You ain't gotta like me, you just mad
Cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be

cd-cover.jpg

3 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking his 62 receptions have nothing to do with Eli Manning's inability/lack of want to test downfield. I have seen 3 Giants games this season and Eli looks like Cody Kessler these days. Saquon for the most part hasn't been anything special with those receptions either.

It's true that Saquon's production has come from Eli's preference or the check down as well as schemed opportunities.

I have to say at the beginning of the season I was inclined to agree with you on the "Saquon hasn't been special stuff."

I kept hearing people say such things and wasn't too skeptical about it.

However, I've watched every snap of Saquon this year and he has balled out for the most part, been special, and maximized his opportunities aside from a fair amount of poorly read runs much like Chubb.

I was not one of the people that wanted to take Saquon 1 or 4, but the opinions by many this year along the lines of how he's underachieved or not played well are not opinions supported by the data of his play film imo. In fact, the opposite seems to be true which is something that surprised me when I started to watch each of his snaps game by game. I expected to have my draft season opinions of him confirmed about his inabilities to read the OL and anticipate holes, but while that's been true the Giants OL has been horrendous and Saquon has done a great job this year.

Much was made about Todd Gurley not being an impact player then a few OLineman, an OC, and improved offense later her's an MVP/All Pro candidate.

Saquon has played really well thus far in both the passing and running game... it will be interesting to see how he develops...

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

It's true that Saquon's production has come from Eli's preference or the check down as well as schemed opportunities.

I have to say at the beginning of the season I was inclined to agree with you on the "Saquon hasn't been special stuff."

I kept hearing people say such things and wasn't too skeptical about it.

However, I've watched every snap of Saquon this year and he has balled out for the most part, been special, and maximized his opportunities aside from a fair amount of poorly read runs much like Chubb.

I was not one of the people that wanted to take Saquon 1 or 4, but the opinions by many this year along the lines of how he's underachieved or not played well are not opinions supported by the data of his play film imo. In fact, the opposite seems to be true which is something that surprised me when I started to watch each of his snaps game by game. I expected to have my draft season opinions of him confirmed about his inabilities to read the OL and anticipate holes, but while that's been true the Giants OL has been horrendous and Saquon has done a great job this year.

Much was made about Todd Gurley not being an impact player then a few OLineman, an OC, and improved offense later her's an MVP/All Pro candidate.

Saquon has played really well thus far in both the passing and running game... it will be interesting to see how he develops...

I never once said anything to anyone about Saquon not being special. In fact, I even made mention to @LETSGOBROWNIES that maybe we were wrong about not valuing him in the Top 5 due to being a running back. I think he has proven to be an exception to that rule. And don't get things twisted we still made the absolute right decision taking Baker Mayfield and even Denzel Ward(had Barkley made it to 4) because they are even better at even more important positions. I would take the same picks at #1 and #4 even if Chubb sucked.

For real thought why do people keep insisting on putting words in my mouth?

29 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

And if we are being honest here are some stone cold concrete locks for truth.

1. Baker Mayfield > Tom Brady

2. Nick Chubb > Walter Payton

3. Denzel Ward > Deion Sanders

4. Genard Avery > James Harrison

5. Austin Corbett is just being kept back until we absolutely need him. He is the ultimate secret weapon.

6. Radio as a head football coach > Hue Jackson as a head football coach

7. Don't F with John Dorsey.

You ain't gotta like me, you just mad
Cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be

cd-cover.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=9704920

22 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

For real though why do people keep insisting on putting words in my mouth?

You're so aggro, thee 😂.

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The next step is for Chubb to be utilized in the passing game... Saquon and Chubb comparisons along the "we were right" type stuff are ridiculous...

Everyone likes to say we made the right choice when comparing Saquon and Chubb's rushing stats (there was no choice as Saquon didn't even fall to 4 and we were always taking a QB1), but for confirmation bias reasons such people discount Saquon's 62 receptions for over 530 yards...

Both are really good players and have well this year...

I hope Chubb gets more passing game opportunities...

Chubb has a higher yard per touch avg than Barkley FYI

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We don't need 50+ receptions from Chubb as we have Duke for the next 2 years. I agree Chubb needs to take a step forwards as a receiver, but he doesn't have to Saquon 

Even if Chubb just replicates 33 yards per game receiving every week that’s what,  480 yards per season ?  If last week is the norm going forward  he doesn’t have to get much better.

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Even if Chubb just replicates 33 yards per game receiving every week that’s what,  480 yards per season ?  If last week is the norm going forward  he doesn’t have to get much better.

totally agree, he just has to be good enough that they can't telegraph 'run' when Chubb is in, he actually looks like he has soft hands. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Drafting Barkley would have been dumb. We had a great draft if these guys continue to develop. 

the difference between Barkley and what get a round later is not much.

Right now I Mayfield a Chubb...

Maybe someone will get it

15 minutes ago, mistakey said:

With a TD?

I will take that all day long.

Chubb has a better 1st down percentage when running than Gurley with a longer 1st down to get on average than Gurley

Chubb gets a 1st down neary 30% of the time with 8 yards to go on an average run, while gurley hits it at about 27% of the time with 7.7 yards to go for a  1st. 

Archived