Tracking Baker Mayfield VS. Sam Darnold's 1st Yr Play

Mind Character

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Just lock this thread up there’s no comparison anymore. It’s like comparing lebron to jr Smith. 

Insult to Baker Mayfield.

Dude seriously we get it you're upset we took Baker and you didn't think he was worth the #1 pick, but lets be real comparing Baker to Lebron is a low blow.

Its more like Tom Brady with a little Emmitt Smith, a dash of Ray Lewis, a pinch of Babe Ruth, sprinkle in some Jerry Rice, a squirt of Michael Jordan and hint of Lawrence Taylor  compared to Brucie from the longest yard

283291_1250116328927_full.jpg

Box score scouting here gents, smh....

I wish Darnold the best. Seems like a good dude and has promise. Time to move on though, and we are fortunate to have a rookie QB who you have to like as a franchise builder. He needs to keep doing whatever he’s doing. The off-season is the one thing that concerns me slightly. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Box score scouting here gents, smh....

I wish Darnold the best. Seems like a good dude and has promise. Time to move on though, and we are fortunate to have a rookie QB who you have to like as a franchise builder. He needs to keep doing whatever he’s doing. The off-season is the one thing that concerns me slightly. 

Really? Don't let it. Dude is going to be doing commercials all offseason and making big money doing so. Heck, he may even star in a movie. He may be the richest player ever once he retires.

I think Darnold will be fine. I think Rosen probably will too. Allen has a long way to go but if he can get a Tyreek Hill he could at least be a threat.

We happened to get the guy who was obviously the most ready. Also likely to be the best of the bunch when all is said and done but the game has already slowed down for him and he looked really good before that happened. The other guys have a lot of story left to be unfolded. Baker is probably a couple seasons ahead of them. Also the most accurate and least turnover prone.

49 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Really? Don't let it. Dude is going to be doing commercials all offseason and making big money doing so. Heck, he may even star in a movie. He may be the richest player ever once he retires.

I think Darnold will be fine. I think Rosen probably will too. Allen has a long way to go but if he can get a Tyreek Hill he could at least be a threat.

We happened to get the guy who was obviously the most ready. Also likely to be the best of the bunch when all is said and done but the game has already slowed down for him and he looked really good before that happened. The other guys have a lot of story left to be unfolded. Baker is probably a couple seasons ahead of them. Also the most accurate and least turnover prone.

Only slightly. He’s on a clear trajectory towards being a franchise QB. I’m not used to this feeling as a Browns fan. 

Darold could still work out, Allen or Rosen too (look how many people were writing off Goff after year 1), but there's not doubt Baker was the right pick at #1 for this franchise. He not only has the skills to develop into a great NFL QB, he has the energy, grit, and "it factor" to turn the franchise around from sad sacks into winners. 

Archived