Tracking Baker Mayfield VS. Sam Darnold's 1st Yr Play

Mind Character

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Absolutely.

Indeed, even those of us that loved Darnold as a prospect the most foresaw a historically bad rookie year for Darnold if he was forced to start early.

Anyone that didn't see this season coming from 1000 miles away was not paying attention, or let their love for Darnold the prospect blind the reality of his play development. 

Yup. Especially with his lack of weapons on the Jets. Darnold is struggling but I still think he turns out to be a top QB in the future.

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Baker understood how important the big boys were during his days at Oklahoma. You’d think Kizer would have as well.

Yeah, like, he said other guys would take the line out for dinner. It's not so much about valuing them as realizing that there is something (for lack of a better word) intimate about having people in your home and hosting them. It fosters a different kind of connection. I feel like that is a pretty common leadership principle, right?

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Imagine him with a true number one WR and a scheme designed for him 

As long as he stays true to himself I agree. A lot of times QBs will force feed a #1 WR and take chances that aren't really necessary. I don't think we need a Julio Jones or OBJ even though it wouldn't hurt, we just need guys who can get separation on certain routes and can catch a football. If Callaway shows he can catch I am okay with Higgins and Callaway on the outside and Landry in the slot. Obviously we need some depth and if we pick up someone who makes a current starters depth, even better.

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

BB would agree.:)

Yeah, there  only great receiving threat to win a superbowl is gronk, and  I think they have won when he was down also. 

6 guys that you pay 3-6 million a year is better tha  1 guy you pay 18 per year, if you get it right.

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Sam Darnold has been the QB THIS YEAR that I thought he'd be if he was a starter...really raw, forcing throws, struggling to read safeties on the intermediate routes. I thought that he should get the Mahomes treatment and sit for an entire year. He was only a 2 year starter and regressed as a sophomore when asked to do too much/didn't have some talented guys around him (Smith-Schuster for one). He can make the "wow" throws and does well downfield, but turned it over on a very regular basis. His arm and footwork mechanics are clearly leading to inaccuracy and inconsistency issues. 

This.com

4 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I feel like that is a pretty common leadership principle, right?

As a leader you connect with your people the best ways that you can.

Yes, having them into your home is good, but only if you are a good cook, have one or hire one.:D

50 minutes ago, bruceb said:

As a leader you connect with your people the best ways that you can.

Yes, having them into your home is good, but only if you are a good cook, have one or hire one.:D

I mean, I am none of those things but we still do this regularly. You can order food in, or do a non-food event (videogames, beers and watching a movie/b-ball game, etc.). I guess I'm just surprised that nobody's done it in five years. 

17 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I mean, I am none of those things but we still do this regularly. You can order food in, or do a non-food event (videogames, beers and watching a movie/b-ball game, etc.). I guess I'm just surprised that nobody's done it in five years. 

Kizer sent out invites  but they got intercepted. 

Kessler thinks he did  but he can't remember after  all the concussions. 

Archived