GDT - Week 7 - Patriots head to the Windy City

SBLIII

New England Patriots @ Chicago Bears

Sunday, 1 p.m., Soldier Field

Injury report:

New England Patriots (4-2)

Out: Cannon 

Questionable: Gordon, Edelman, Michel, Brown, Grissom, Gronkowski, Hollister, Rowe, Wise, Simon

Chicago Bears (3-2)

Questionable: Mack, Robinson, Cooper, Callahan

The Chicago Bears want to bounce back after a surprising loss to a Brock Osweiler led Miami Dolphins team last week. Overall they have started the season strong and aim to win the NFC North for the 1st time since 2010 behind the top rated defense in football. 

The New England Patriots coming off a thrilling 43-40 win over the previous undefeated Kansas City Chiefs and are riding a 3 game winning streak into the Windy City. They look for their 1st road win of the season.

Keys to the game:

- Help Waddle. Even though Mack is not 100% healthy, Waddle has an uphill battle to climb to contain one of the most dominant defensive players in the NFL. 

- Limit special team miscues. The Patriots have been surprisingly bad on special teams this year and they need to improve there. Especially the kickoff coverage and kickoffs by Gostkowski have not been good.

- Rely on Josh Gordon. Gordon is 100% healthy now. Given that it will be tough to consistently move the ball up and down the field against their defense, the Patriots need to find some more explosive plays. 

Prediction:

New England Patriots 27

Chicago Bears 24

I think we will be giving Trubisky similarly deceptive looks as we gave Mahomes. They have a very good deep passing game, and it's winning them games. We either need to rush him or disrupt the timing for the receivers. I think Cohen will be productive against us, but if we can limit Gabriel and Burton, that will hold us in good stead. I hope and expect for a couple of forced turnovers. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I think we will be giving Trubisky similarly deceptive looks as we gave Mahomes. They have a very good deep passing game, and it's winning them games. We either need to rush him or disrupt the timing for the receivers. I think Cohen will be productive against us, but if we can limit Gabriel and Burton, that will hold us in good stead. I hope and expect for a couple of forced turnovers. 

Mitch is not as advanced in the system as Mahomes so there is def an opportunity to confuse him.

I’m curious to see if we can stop Sony and make you guys one dimensional.

its so hard to go against Brady but I don’t think you guys have faced a D like ours.

i think it’s 23-17 toss up decided on who turns the ball over.

46 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Mitch is not as advanced in the system as Mahomes so there is def an opportunity to confuse him.

I’m curious to see if we can stop Sony and make you guys one dimensional.

its so hard to go against Brady but I don’t think you guys have faced a D like ours.

i think it’s 23-17 toss up decided on who turns the ball over.

Run game has been really good, but Brady is unrivalled when it comes to winning games where has to throw on nearly every play. It's not ideal, but it's not the death-nail for us. If your defenders can man-up and throw the timings off the receivers, and he gets pressure in his face - that's your ticket. 

Yeah we probably haven't faced a D like CHI's. We've faced Jacksonville, but we lost that so....¬¬

1 hour ago, The Third Rider said:

Adam Shefter said Gronk didn’t travel to Chicago with the team. It’s time to look for a replacement in the off season. :/

That's a shame. Back issues again, I heard. To be fair, he's played in close to 80% of games the past 3 seasons. He's not as unreliable as people think. 

1 hour ago, The Third Rider said:

Adam Shefter said Gronk didn’t travel to Chicago with the team. It’s time to look for a replacement in the off season. :/

I think he will retire anyway, so. 

But it hurts for this game. Will be a tough one to win now I would think.

8 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I agree I don't feel good either but I can't see us dropping to 0-3 in road games. I think we get the win somehow someway.

Short passing, and test their tacking. Their tackling was disgraceful last week - they'd be the first ones to tell us. We have Michel and White, as well as slippery Edelman, and a difficult man to bring down in Gordon. We have the weapons, we need to execute. Forcing some turnovers on D will be our ticket though. I shall feel good if I start seeing us taking the ball away.

22 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Run game has been really good, but Brady is unrivalled when it comes to winning games where has to throw on nearly every play. It's not ideal, but it's not the death-nail for us. If your defenders can man-up and throw the timings off the receivers, and he gets pressure in his face - that's your ticket. 

Yeah we probably haven't faced a D like CHI's. We've faced Jacksonville, but we lost that so....¬¬

Our D is more of bend but don't break style of D, not press man. If our front 4 can get pressure without blitzing we have a shot but we are not capable of blitzing while playing man to man well. 

Archived