D82's 2019 Mid-Season Mock (w/ trades!)

D82

On 10/21/2018 at 12:07 PM, D82 said:

What positions on D would you say you're good at? Or, who are definite starters going into next year?

Sorry, I’m super super late at responding. Just a depressing and underwhelming season for us so I haven’t been on much. To answer your question, I genuinely think we can use BPA at any position on D. Our best group is LB, but we probably have a financial decision to make with Lavonte David and Kwon is an UFA and is coming off an ACL. Beckwiths status is still up in the air after his car accident in the spring. So if we have 2 of those 3 in house, under contract, and ready to roll by spring I think we bypass LB. That leaves DB and DL. We have good young talent all across the board, but with “potential” comes “inexperience” and many have yet to blossom. I think Gerald McCoy will have to restructure or he’ll be shown the door. Vea really came on at the end and looks like a really good pickup for us (despite what the derwinists would lead you to believe). JPP was a force for us and is safe. Gholston is overpaid and will be gone. Spence will hopefully be given a fresh start be the new regime. Allen is a good rotational player. Nassib has been an amazing find for us. But a fresh talent injection never hurts. We could use a monster on the DL. DB is one of those weird groups for us where we have TONS of young talent but someone needs to step up. Grimes has lost a step and is overpaid, he’ll be gone. VH3 and Carlton Davis will probably start on the outside which I like. Evans and Whitehead have MASSIVE potential on the back end, and Andrew Adams has been a nice find as a rotational talent, but again, with that comes inexperience. Ideally, GM BigDog2372 drafts BPA DL (really like Oliver for us) and dips into FA for a DB with experience and leadership skills. Sorry went a little longer than I expected, but those are my thoughts.

Archived