Aaron Donald's holdout

JonStark

It's a jumping off point lol relax guys. And for the people who believe a trade isn't possible, remember we have  a GM that is clearly trigger happy and a coach that walked into the building preaching "We Not Me". Unlikely? Yes. Do I want to get a deal done for AD? BADLY. But don't think it's not possible or out of the question if this thing drags out long enough.

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

It's a jumping off point lol relax guys. And for the people who believe a trade isn't possible, remember we have  a GM that is clearly trigger happy and a coach that walked into the building preaching "We Not Me". Unlikely? Yes. Do I want to get a deal done for AD? BADLY. But don't think it's not possible or out of the question if this thing drags out long enough.

What would lead you to believe Les Snead is "trigger happy"? I dont see anything in his previous moves that make him that.

And sure "long enough" is a relative term. But to level headed people it would need to be the entire season to even start entertaining the idea.

The only way I'd entertain a trade of AD is if Goff shows us nothing through the first few games this season (provided AD is still a hold out).  If that occurs, and it looks like Goff might not be our future, I'd be open to trades.  Having a franchise QB is more important that AD IMO.  That said, I expect Goff to show a good amount of improvement, so, unless someone blows us away with an offer, lets get a deal done with AD!!

4 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

The only way I'd entertain a trade of AD is if Goff shows us nothing through the first few games this season (provided AD is still a hold out).  If that occurs, and it looks like Goff might not be our future, I'd be open to trades.  Having a franchise QB is more important that AD IMO.  That said, I expect Goff to show a good amount of improvement, so, unless someone blows us away with an offer, lets get a deal done with AD!!

I dont trust their drafting enough to trade AD.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Irony, seeing as it was those you doubt who in fact drafted Donald

Yes. And if im not mistaken they also drafted greg robinson. Thats ok tho! Its not like they traded up in the top 10 to draft a 5'8 wr who cant do anything but run fast...

Ill take the guaranteed future HOFer over some draft picks. Unless it was a ridiculous haul.

Talking trade at this point is ridiculous unless Donald doesn't want to play anymore for the Rams...but that's not the case. 

I understand Donald for holding out but he has a contract and i disagree with the way he's doing it. No player with rookie contract was holding out in the past and he has 2 years remaining. If he was doing that next year for the 5th year, i would be ok. Plus we don't have the cap this year to give him what he wants...i don't know how his agent advise him to do that this year, that's silly. 

20 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

What would lead you to believe Les Snead is "trigger happy"? I dont see anything in his previous moves that make him that.

And sure "long enough" is a relative term. But to level headed people it would need to be the entire season to even start entertaining the idea.

I don't know the exact amount of trades Les Snead has pulled off since becoming the GM(including draft picks), but it has to be more than any other team since he was hired. He's traded for Sammy Watkins, traded away Grob, just made a trade for Derek Carrier. I'm saying the guy is not afraid to explore every option and he is in the hotseat this year as he is a leftover from the Fisher Era. So to people who understand the NFL is a "win-now" "what have you done for me lately" type of business, if this drags on past the bye week then it's time to explore other options. And if the rumor's are true that he wants an opt-out clause  in his new deal then there's a chance AD might not want to be here his entire career. Played for Pitt, could have dreams of being a Steeler, who know's? Just be open minded

Aaron Donald out at least this week, won’t play until he’s ready

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/09/aaron-donald-out-at-least-this-week-wont-play-until-hes-ready/

"2-3 more weeks" possibly

I don't see us losing our first 3 games anyways...so either way, it's good.  Also, there's no way I see us losing to the Cowboys either if all our guys are back and healthy - including Donald.  4-0 here we come!

Archived