Sign in to follow this  
pwny

Rookie OT Will Richardson placed on IR

I feel so bad for you guys. The Jags were honestly SB contenders (they basically won the AFC last year) but the injuries have just been brutal so far.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Geez, we have nothing left on the OL that has any chance of helping out now

flowers has the P word. POTENTIAL to. will he maybe not but whos to say Richardson would have helped any at this point. 

3 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I feel so bad for you guys. The Jags were honestly SB contenders (they basically won the AFC last year) but the injuries have just been brutal so far.

its really hurt us the most at 2 positions. both positions i thought we were relatively decent at depth wise but i felt like a 4th rb would have been great cuz even tho u have yeldon and grant neither is really built for a power run game. 

i think LT hurts a little more as the entire league is pretty lacking in good OL and we lost both our promising Starting LT and our backup LT/RT.  we are playing a backup G at LT. 

18 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

It does suck.  But there's an element of self-inflicted to it.  Bad luck that we've been hit hard at some of the positions we could least afford to be hit...but then, those linchpin positions probably should've been better bolstered in the first place, considering their (now demonstrably) critical importance to our team's functionality.

Really...the only way we were contending for a SB this year by bringing basically the same team back (minus a few pieces and a bit of depth), was if everything went as well, and everyone stayed as unusually healthy as last season.  Which was always unlikely.