Trade Deadline Thread

Soko

I’m not a fan of giving anything but a Day 3 pick for a WR, unless it’s really someone like OBJ. Sanders, DT, Jackson? They’d be nice to have, but they’re older and expensive. 

Any “premium assets” I hope would go to the defense.

18 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not a fan of giving anything but a Day 3 pick for a WR, unless it’s really someone like OBJ. Sanders, DT, Jackson? They’d be nice to have, but they’re older and expensive. 

I agree with that although I hope the reports about them being interested in bringing Collins back are false.

31 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I agree with that although I hope the reports about them being interested in bringing Collins back are false.

Agreed, he has looked outright lazy in Cleveland. Landon Collins is really the only big names player that gets me going, but it sounds like NYG isn’t interested.

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Jay Glazer reporting the Patriots are offering premium draft assets for high end wide receiver talent. Not that Demaryius Thomas is elite, but he is being shopped by the Broncos according to Glazer as well. Supposedly a lot of trade activity is expected in the next 34 hours. Odell Beckham has been inquired about by many teams with some good offers.

Wide receivers I could see targeted that are high end are Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson, DeVante Parker, Larry Fitzgerald, Pierre Garçon, and Marquise Goodwin.

The fact that a good receiver is a trade target right now is a sign that there must be low confidence in Gronkowski to remain available all season into a potential Super Bowl.

Should have drafed Calvin Ridley instead of Isaiah Wynn.

If it's Gronk they're worried about why not try for another TE instead? I really hope this isn't related to Gordon and his past issues...

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Landon Collins is really the only big names player that gets me going

same

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

agreed

32 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Kenny Golladay and Corey Davis have to be potential targets if we can’t hook a “big fish” at receiver.

too young those are players their teams are invested in

1 hour ago, PatriotsWin! said:

If it's Gronk they're worried about why not try for another TE instead? I really hope this isn't related to Gordon and his past issues...

because they have blockers to fill for gronk but no receiving threats to replace him or have his production.

If you could get OBJ for like two firsts and a couple day two picks, then I think the Giants should take that. The Pats would be investing a lot but for Brady's remaining years to have Josh Gordon and/or OBJ together it may be worth it. Especially so if Gronk were to retire after this season.

Maybe the Pats can "settle" for Sterling Shepard and Landon Collins. I'd be happy with that haul.

Shefter said Landon Collins is either being shopped or is available. Can't remember which distinction he made on SC this morning but thought that was interesting. I would love to see Collins traded to the Patriots and throw in Sterling Shepard while they're at it, (or Evan Engram). Basically the only untouchable Giant according to Shefter is Saquon Barkley. But of course...

"According to his source, Vacchiano claims the Giants may be willing to trade Collins for a Day 2 NFL Draft pick in the second or third-round range."

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Article/Landon-Collins-trade-New-York-Giants-compensation-before-deadline-123959143/

Make it happen. I give up a 2nd rounder for an All Pro 24 year old this season 10 times out of ten with no hesitation.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

"According to his source, Vacchiano claims the Giants may be willing to trade Collins for a Day 2 NFL Draft pick in the second or third-round range."

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Article/Landon-Collins-trade-New-York-Giants-compensation-before-deadline-123959143/

Make it happen. I give up a 2nd rounder for an All Pro 24 year old this season 10 times out of ten with no hesitation.

I would even give up a late first if this is the missing piece. Do it, Bill.

Archived