Trade Deadline Thread

Soko

45 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

So Gordon is apparently getting benched for the1st qtr of today's game for beiling late to a meeting. That doesn't sound good... Hope this isn't why we are seeking a top end WR. 

need insurance in case Gordon ****s up or Gronk gets injured. Jackson, Thomas, Sanders and Tate are available.

3 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

So Gordon is apparently getting benched for the1st qtr of today's game for beiling late to a meeting. That doesn't sound good... Hope this isn't why we are seeking a top end WR. 

Guess the news from earlier wasn't true? Pats didn't sit Gordon to start the game. Either they overlooked the tardiness or Gordon wasn't late.

14 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Guess the news from earlier wasn't true? Pats didn't sit Gordon to start the game. Either they overlooked the tardiness or Gordon wasn't late.

Belichick was asked about it last night and he said you would have to ask who reported that. No one else has really talked about it from what I've seen but can't imagine that came from the team. Has Belichick ever not bench a guy when he said he was going to? The only time I remember someone getting benched to start the game is Welker after the "foot" comments.

2 hours ago, Spooky said:

Belichick was asked about it last night and he said you would have to ask who reported that. No one else has really talked about it from what I've seen but can't imagine that came from the team. Has Belichick ever not bench a guy when he said he was going to? The only time I remember someone getting benched to start the game is Welker after the "foot" comments.

Wish everyone would keep in mind: Belichick didn’t say he was going to bench anybody or that Gordon did anything at all.

A report came out that said Gordon was getting benched for either the 1st quarter or a few series, depending on your source. Then another report said he was late to a meeting and late to the flight. 

The first report was clearly wrong, the second - we don’t know. Think a lot of alarms are/were pulled when it’s been much-ado-about-nothing.

Tate for a 3rd, DT for a 4th (and 7th swap). Definitely like Houston’s deal more than Philly’s - glad we didn’t deal for Tate at that price.

Not really upset that/if we’re out of the WR market. I do want a piece for the defense, though.

Archived