Trade Deadline Thread

Soko

7 hours ago, SBLIII said:

They need linebackers. Buchannon or Reddick would be a massive upgrade. Peterson obviously would be also at CB but his caphit and cost is too high.

35 minutes ago, terbo559 said:

We need some damn speed on defense. 

Bucannon is probably the hot commodity at that spot. He’s a hybrid though, so the worry is that he’d be redundant with Chung.

It also leaves some tough personnel decisions: Hightower and KVN are good blitzers. Taking one of them off the field, while it would likely improve some aspects of coverage, would make the defense a little more predictable. NE relies a lot on it’s blitzing to get pressure, so it’d be something we’d have to experiment with to get right. 

EDIT: And I don’t think AZ would move Reddick, unfortunately. 

I would check on Lavonte David in TB.

6 hours ago, terbo559 said:

We need some damn speed on defense. 

LBs and DEs more so than PP but the talent difference might be too hard to ignore especially if KC or LAC want to get him. 

Dante Fowler as a rental would make some sense as well imo.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Patrick Peterson is alluring for many teams for obvious reasons but because of all the investments made into the corner position already I don't see Peterson as a realistic target.

I don't think it happens either but the Patriots were named as a potential suitor.

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I would check on Lavonte David in TB.

I'd love to see this, but considering they have both Alexander and Beckwith already on IR, I find it hard to believe they'd let go of their most competent (maybe even elite) starter.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

I don't think it happens either but the Patriots were named as a potential suitor.

Well I think the Saints have exhausted nearly everything they can already to contend so I would be a little more surpised if they mortgaged more for this season than the Patriots or Eagles. I could see Peterson on the Patriots and it would be great fun, but why would the Eagles offer less with a bigger need at CB? At least the Pars are out ofconference so I guess that helps.

In conclusion, the Patriots will be getting Patrick Peterson most likely. Steelers, Bengals, Texans, and Chiefs (maybe Chargers) should be in on this to drive up the price or prevent the Pats from getting better.

3 hours ago, LD696 said:

I'd love to see this, but considering they have both Alexander and Beckwith already on IR, I find it hard to believe they'd let go of their most competent (maybe even elite) starter.

Agreed, it’d take a losing skid and (a further) loss of faith in Jameis - potentially forcing a re-build mentality. 

I’d love to add some speed to the defense, no matter the position. But I’m not entirely sure we do that at linebacker or corner. I could see a safety being added, but I don’t have the slightest idea whom they could target there.

A running back addition is going to be necessary, even if Michel only missed a few games.

Two guys I think we could have eyes on, are Semaje Perine from Washington and Benny Cunningham from Chicago. Cunningham reminds me exactly of Rex Burkhead. He’s got good speed/quickness and can play all three downs if called upon. Perine is a bigger back that hasn’t really performed well so far in his career, but may come cheap.

The Giants just traded Eli Apple, if they think their season is dead and are having a fire sale, I would consider an offer for Ogletree. I'm not sure of his contract details though. Outside of Arizona and Oakland it's hard to see any team that could be a selling mood right now.

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

The Giants just traded Eli Apple, if they think their season is dead and are having a fire sale, I would consider an offer for Ogletree. I'm not sure of his contract details though. Outside of Arizona and Oakland it's hard to see any team that could be a selling mood right now.

Ogletree is expensive. And below average.

He is signed through 2019, 2020, and 2021 - all with a cap hit over $10M. His dead cap is ~$5M, $3.5M, and ~$2M in those respective seasons. 

Not a guy I’d like to pursue. 

Apparently Reddick is being looked at as a potential trade, he’d be a good get. I’d like to look into Lavonte David, as desperate as it is. Shaq Barrett is more of a pass rusher, but has some experience/athleticism as an off-ball guy.

Archived