Trade Deadline Thread

Soko

6 hours ago, SBLIII said:

projected.

Solder got the richest contract for an OT in history at the time, right? If comps are off contract value then Solder should net a third guaranteed. Butler at least a fourth, and Amendola/Dion Lewis as high as a fifth I'd say, each.

Lions getting Damion Harrison moves them into playoff contention in my mind, making their third round pick less valuable that we already have. I doubt the Bears find their way into a wild card so that should be a decent value in the second round.

On 10/21/2018 at 2:51 PM, AlNFL19 said:

Which RB are they gonna bring in? Thoughts?

Aside from Darkwa whom you mentioned, the Pats haven't worked any backs out and they just had eight guys in over the last few days. I think White and Berner are fine for a week or two.

56 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Would anyone entertain Landon Collins for a 2nd?

Have him play LB/joker on passing downs. 

Absolutely. In a heartbeat. I was going to mention Landon Collins earlier but I figured there was no way he would be traded. Did you see something that said he is available or that the Giants are considering moving him for a high pick? Trading for Collins is a Super Bowl winning type of move for this Patriots team.

7 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Absolutely. In a heartbeat. I was going to mention Landon Collins earlier but I figured there was no way he would be traded. Did you see something that said he is available or that the Giants are considering moving him for a high pick? Trading for Collins is a Super Bowl winning type of move for this Patriots team.

Unfortunately, no. I’ve heard his name brought up sparsely, but it’s been strictly speculation since NYG seem to be going full re-build. Rookies and OBJ aside, he and Engram are probably the two guys that they’d be inclined to keep. 

Just now, SBLIII said:

He would be an immense upgrade as S/LB hybrid. 

@DoleINGout would you two be as excited if it were a first? 

1st rounder + a contract is a hefty price, but Collins would be a real fix for the speed in the middle of the defense. He thrives there.

Collins is reportedly not available for trade. :(

18 hours ago, EL Guapo said:

On the 'Stick To Football' podcast with Bleacher Report scout and NFL insider Matt Miller and Connor Rodgers, Miller reported the Giants are unlikely to trade safety Landon Collins.

"Another name I've heard teams have called on is Landon Collins" Miller said. "Teams are at least poking around to the Giants, like hey, are you moving this guy? It sounds like they are not interested in trading him, so we're not going to see him moved."

One team that has likely already called Giants general manager Dave Gettleman about trading for Collins is the Kansas City Chiefs. With injuries to Eric Berry and weaknesses in their secondary, the Chiefs were rumored to be interested in trading for Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas earlier this season before he landed on injured reserve.

"I've heard the Chiefs are going to try to be aggressive," Miller said. "I think Andy Reid and Brett Veach are going to try be aggressive to make moves and sure up that defense. If there is any move out there that can improve their defense they are going to try to get it done."

Jay Glazer reporting the Patriots are offering premium draft assets for high end wide receiver talent. Not that Demaryius Thomas is elite, but he is being shopped by the Broncos according to Glazer as well. Supposedly a lot of trade activity is expected in the next 34 hours. Odell Beckham has been inquired about by many teams with some good offers.

Wide receivers I could see targeted that are high end are Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson, DeVante Parker, Larry Fitzgerald, Pierre Garçon, and Marquise Goodwin.

The fact that a good receiver is a trade target right now is a sign that there must be low confidence in Gronkowski to remain available all season into a potential Super Bowl.

Should have drafed Calvin Ridley instead of Isaiah Wynn.

Archived