mistakey

how much longer does hue jackson last  

68 members have voted

1. 1. title says it all

• doesnt make it on the plane
    • bye week
    • end of season
    • never gets fired, coaches week 1 next year

This needs to be his final season.  He is an absolutely terrible Head Coach.  This Browns team proved in week 1 they are not without talent.  Having said that, they can't win consistently..they're still a garbage pail team and I have to believe it's a coaching problem.  I don't feel like their offensive or defensive game plan is very good when you've got the tools to put up 30+ a game and you cut Gordon and struggle to score 10 points against Tampa Bay (yes I am aware while I"m posting this the game isn't over yet).  C'mon man....Pull your head out of your sphincter and get a game plan that works or get out of town.

I don't like Hue as a coach, but he's not going to get fired during the season...or at least he shouldn't.  There is no reason to fire him now as opposed to week 17. Might as well just keep him because if your plan is to move on from him in the off-season, the coaches he has on staff won't be retained either. Just blow it up after the season if that's what you're ultimately going to do. No reason to do it now IMO. It's not like the coordinators, who would still call the game in the exact same way, would start magically fixing their broken schemes and winning games.

The Browns aren't a "not bad team" they're a good team. They have talent all over the field. They could be 5-1 if they had a good coaching staff, that game planned effectively and called plays that their team was very capable of executing.

The team already improved on the last two years combined. If you rolled with him this long and believed when the pieces are in play he can win and now he's winning a couple and getting into overtime on most of his games how the hell are you not going to view that as improvement. I think they are stuck with him

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

The team already improved on the last two years combined. If you rolled with him this long and believed when the pieces are in play he can win and now he's winning a couple and getting into overtime on most of his games how the hell are you not going to view that as improvement. I think they are stuck with him

They have improved based on talent alone.

Hue never shouldve been hired to begin with IMO.   

They went out and got a good GM, and shouldve just moved on from him this offseason, and hired a coach that could bring in his own staff.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

They have improved based on talent alone.

Hue never shouldve been hired to begin with IMO.   

They went out and got a good GM, and shouldve just moved on from him this offseason, and hired a coach that could bring in his own staff.

I agree. But optically you can't do it now. You kept selling the story of a longterm plan to your fanbase that Hue was part of. You made them sit through a two season stretch of 1-31 and you started getting some good pieces and now your team is winning a few games and going the distances in some competitive games. You can't risk the disaster of getting a new coach and the team doing worse and looking like you wasted 3 years because you got antsy just when things were starting to look a little better.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

I agree. But optically you can't do it now. You kept selling the story of a longterm plan to your fanbase that Hue was part of. You made them sit through a two season stretch of 1-31 and you started getting some good pieces and now your team is winning a few games and going the distances in some competitive games. You can't risk the disaster of getting a new coach and the team doing worse and looking like you wasted 3 years because you got antsy just when things were starting to look a little better.

I completely agree, and have said that the Browns need to pick a coach and stick with them for at least 5 years....

...but then they hired Hue Jackson and went 1-31 the last two seasons.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't like Hue as a coach, but he's not going to get fired during the season...or at least he shouldn't.  There is no reason to fire him now as opposed to week 17. Might as well just keep him because if your plan is to move on from him in the off-season, the coaches he has on staff won't be retained either. Just blow it up after the season if that's what you're ultimately going to do. No reason to do it now IMO. It's not like the coordinators, who would still call the game in the exact same way, would start magically fixing their broken schemes and winning games.

There absolutely is a reason. Young players and a growing QB in the middle of a bunch of fighting coaches. Getting rid of hue during the bye will go a long way to helping the mentality and growth of these young guys and save the locker room. 

I personally would fire Jackson today and move on to Haley as interim-possibly-permanent HC with Williams retained as DC.  Everybody knows Hue is a lame duck (and has been since before the season began) so there's no sense in waiting til the end of the year to fire him.  The Browns are still technically in the playoff hunt right now and shaking things up on what is actually a fairly talented football team might provide a spark to get things going in the right direction.  Keeping Jackson (a loser, historically) will simply ensure that the Browns win 4-5 games and essentially waste another entire season.

Archived