how much longer does hue jackson last  

68 members have voted

1. 1. title says it all

• doesnt make it on the plane
    • bye week
    • end of season
    • never gets fired, coaches week 1 next year

39 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

I personally would fire Jackson today and move on to Haley as interim-possibly-permanent HC with Williams retained as DC.  Everybody knows Hue is a lame duck (and has been since before the season began) so there's no sense in waiting til the end of the year to fire him.  The Browns are still technically in the playoff hunt right now and shaking things up on what is actually a fairly talented football team might provide a spark to get things going in the right direction.  Keeping Jackson (a loser, historically) will simply ensure that the Browns win 4-5 games and essentially waste another entire season.

How bout them falcons whoooooooo 

2 hours ago, megatechpc said:

I personally would fire Jackson today and move on to Haley as interim-possibly-permanent HC with Williams retained as DC. 

xDxDxD

As a Steeler fan...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this happen!!!!

As an objective fan....this is a worse decision than hiring Hue Jackson.

They should finish out the season with Jackson, go through the process, hire someone who fits their vision, and then let that head coach choose his own staff.

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

The team already improved on the last two years combined. If you rolled with him this long and believed when the pieces are in play he can win and now he's winning a couple and getting into overtime on most of his games how the hell are you not going to view that as improvement. I think they are stuck with him

All the Browns had to do was win 1 game to improve from last year's debacle. No offense to you, but if you've watch the Browns the past few seasons, you would you be able to see how bad Hue has been as a HC. Last year, when he was still calling plays, he had no creativity in play calling and refused to adjust the play calling for his rookie QB with garbage receivers. Granted Kizer was terrible, but being the most vertical team in the NFL last season with a rookie QB and garbage receivers is a dead give away on his lack of ability to adjust.

My biggest thing against Hue is his amazing personality to blame everyone, throwing them under the bus, and not take any blame for himself. I've never heard of him say anything remotely close to "it's my fault"...I've heard him say plenty of times "I'm the head coach" though when he pulls rank on his other coaches and throws them under the bus.

The Browns are young and have talent, they need a good HC that knows how to develop and actually utilizes the players to their strengths instead of focusing on how to spin it to where it isn't his fault.

53 minutes ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

They've been competitive in every game bar one, they're clearly playing hard and playing motivated.. Why fire the coach?

If Cleveland can win 6 games this year I'd let him stay around.

It's not just this season though, Hue Jackson is 3-35-1 since he has taken over. Also, the players are playing hard because we have a young group that are actually battling out there because they are competitive and a few know they are fighting for their jobs for the reason of the season and potentially next year, either with the Browns or another team.

I don't care if the Browns somehow make the playoffs (extremely unlikely), I'd still want Hue gone. The best thing Hue knows how to do is spin things so it's not his fault and throw coaches/players under the bus. 

3 hours ago, El ramster said:

How bout them falcons whoooooooo 

and the falcons have what to do with this thread exactly?

I'll say he lasts till the end of the year because the guys do seem to be playing hard for him atleast.  But they will probably move on if he can't string out atleast 8 wins this season to show massive improvement because that team has a good bit of talent on it.

19 minutes ago, Onizuka said:

It's not just this season though, Hue Jackson is 3-35-1 since he has taken over. Also, the players are playing hard because we have a young group that are actually battling out there because they are competitive and a few know they are fighting for their jobs for the reason of the season and potentially next year, either with the Browns or another team.

I don't care if the Browns somehow make the playoffs (extremely unlikely), I'd still want Hue gone. The best thing Hue knows how to do is spin things so it's not his fault and throw coaches/players under the bus. 

Their roster had so many holes.. They've plugged a lot of them and are essentially playing like a .500 team, the Raiders loss was BS.. Browns have a very tough run coming up: @Steelers, vChiefs, vFalcons, @Bengals. I'd at least give Hue a chance to show he can beat some good teams, if they can somehow go 2-2 over that stretch it's enough to at least see how things keep going.

4 hours ago, megatechpc said:

I personally would fire Jackson today and move on to Haley as interim-possibly-permanent HC with Williams retained as DC.  Everybody knows Hue is a lame duck (and has been since before the season began) so there's no sense in waiting til the end of the year to fire him.  The Browns are still technically in the playoff hunt right now and shaking things up on what is actually a fairly talented football team might provide a spark to get things going in the right direction.  Keeping Jackson (a loser, historically) will simply ensure that the Browns win 4-5 games and essentially waste another entire season.

This. I doubt Haley is a realistic option at HC going forward but it won't hurt. Hue has had the worst head coaching run that the league has ever seen. See what happens when you make Haley the interim. 

5 hours ago, Onizuka said:

All the Browns had to do was win 1 game to improve from last year's debacle. No offense to you, but if you've watch the Browns the past few seasons, you would you be able to see how bad Hue has been as a HC. Last year, when he was still calling plays, he had no creativity in play calling and refused to adjust the play calling for his rookie QB with garbage receivers. Granted Kizer was terrible, but being the most vertical team in the NFL last season with a rookie QB and garbage receivers is a dead give away on his lack of ability to adjust.

My biggest thing against Hue is his amazing personality to blame everyone, throwing them under the bus, and not take any blame for himself. I've never heard of him say anything remotely close to "it's my fault"...I've heard him say plenty of times "I'm the head coach" though when he pulls rank on his other coaches and throws them under the bus.

The Browns are young and have talent, they need a good HC that knows how to develop and actually utilizes the players to their strengths instead of focusing on how to spin it to where it isn't his fault.

Nobody is saying Hue is a good head coach. The reality is you just can’t fire him. You said for years “we have a longterm plan and we are seeing it through”

50 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Na it’s true and it sucks he sucks he doesn’t make it home from Pittsburgh imo 

Which would be a mistake for the Browns, honestly.

They aren't going anywhere with Todd Haley this season and giving him the opportunity to light a spark would only set the organization backwards because there's no way Haley is the answer either.

Best thing for the Browns would be to let Hue ride it out for the rest of the season, fire him, then bring in a new coach. Mid-season coaching changes never really make sense, always thought so.

Archived