Preseason Week 2: Ravens vs Dolphins

Webmaster

Going to watch the game this weekend, but just from the highlights it seems Woodrum is a more loose, natural quarterback than Mallett. Mallets arm though can make a difference.

I also saw a bad miss by Correa in the open field. Hope I get to see him playing better in the actual game.

6 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

So what did I miss tonight? How did we look? I'm more focused on O-line play as well!

Well it's tough to gauge o line since some guy named pughsely was starting along with skura.  Both played back with made o line look terrible. But from what I saw, I didn't see any pressure from the left side telling me that hurst played ok. Most of the pressure was from inside. 

8 hours ago, Danand said:

Going to watch the game this weekend, but just from the highlights it seems Woodrum is a more loose, natural quarterback than Mallett. Mallets arm though can make a difference.

I also saw a bad miss by Correa in the open field. Hope I get to see him playing better in the actual game.

I'm not sure about that one. Are you talking about the whiff on the receiver who spun him off between the hashmarks? Looked like he was going for the kill shot and messed up. Hopefully that's something that gets addressed in film room with a guy who's trying to stand out. 

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I'm not sure about that one. Are you talking about the whiff on the receiver who spun him off between the hashmarks? Looked like he was going for the kill shot and messed up. Hopefully that's something that gets addressed in film room with a guy who's trying to stand out. 

I believe it was on the dump off you Jay Ajayi. From where I saw it, he went for the legs without trying to break down and wrap up probably. Theres no kill shot down below the waist like that. Only the possibility of injury and risk of missing the tackle. That should be adressed, that play should never have developed like it did.

18 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Billick, you were in love with Clarence Moore when he was on the team because he was 6-6. What do you mean "big WR that teams covet NOW?"

Tbf, we were ALL in love with Clarence Moore. :D

Only caught the tail end of the game, but loved what I saw from the team. Woodrum has done everything to warrant a roster spot, especially if Flacco's injury is more serious than we are lead to believe. I'd gladly take a gamble on him as the starter vs a lackadaisical Ryan Mallet.

3 hours ago, Danand said:

I believe it was on the dump off you Jay Ajayi. From where I saw it, he went for the legs without trying to break down and wrap up probably. Theres no kill shot down below the waist like that. Only the possibility of injury and risk of missing the tackle. That should be adressed, that play should never have developed like it did.

It clearly wasn't a good result and he should have broken down and wrapped. I was just trying to ID the play you were talking about. I'm not saying it's a positive play, just that it looked to me (not positive how high/low he was, would have to see it again) like he was trying to separate the ball from the receiver, rather than an "open field whiff." Difference being that I think the former is much more easily coachable/addressable IMO. 

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Tbf, we were ALL in love with Clarence Moore. :D

Only caught the tail end of the game, but loved what I saw from the team. Woodrum has done everything to warrant a roster spot, especially if Flacco's injury is more serious than we are lead to believe. I'd gladly take a gamble on him as the starter vs a lackadaisical Ryan Mallet.

Absolutely. My point was that this isn't a new fascination as he called it. 

Archived