Blake Bortles

Elky

If Kessler was a true, viable option, I'd say pull him. But Kessler has never shown to be anything more than maybe an average back up quarterback in my opinion. I don't think it solves anything. They have 10 million in space left this year I think...I think you go outside the organization to find something better. Supposedly they aren't looking, but let's be real, Kessler isn't the answer, and if Bortles isn't either, they need to do something else. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lol at Jags fans saying trading a 3rd for Teddy to the Jets was dumb. Bortles is awful and just about anything is an upgrade. A potential championship year wasted. 

The team and fans gonna look back at these seasons and think what could have been if they didn't hitch their wagon to Bortles. 

Never will worry about them as long as he is their QB. 

If they make a change this week, then they are best team in division. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

The team and fans gonna look back at these seasons and think what could have been if they didn't hitch their wagon to Bortles. 

Have you seen the rest of the team play these last three weeks? They aren't going anywhere, no matter who they got under center.

We have 16 or 17 drops, leading the league in them.

Defense hasnt dominated like last year. Turnovers have been non-existent.

Whether we had Blake or changed direction, this team doesn't look like a legit contender. Wish we would've drafted a guy like Lamar, but we weren't paying Cousins and the only other real interesting option was Teddy. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lol at Jags fans saying trading a 3rd for Teddy to the Jets was dumb. Bortles is awful and just about anything is an upgrade. A potential championship year wasted. 

The thing is nobody argued that Teddy wasn't possibly a better option. It was that it made no sense to trade for a QB who you clearly didn't want just 3 months ago when nothing had changed. If they wanted Teddy, they should have went after him when he was a Free Agent. Instead, they re-sgned Bortles and traded for Kessler. They didn't even inquire on Teddy or any of the other QBs available. They cleary didn't want Teddy and literally nothing changed to where an opinion should have changed about the situation.

Call that decision stupid all you want; it's certainly fair. But to expect that they'd have changed their mind based on literally nothing and then traded draft assets? That's stupid too.

Just now, iknowcool said:

I'd just start Bortles.  There isn't a QB they could (reasonably) trade for that would make much of a difference.  Bortles is at least streaky.  I'd definitely bring in some competition next year.

You could make the argument that Fitzpatrick's streakiness is better for the team. But this team isn't making the playoffs, so there's really no reason to trade for a QB in the middle of the season. 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

The thing is nobody argued that Teddy wasn't possibly a better option. It was that it made no sense to trade for a QB who you clearly didn't want just 3 months ago when nothing had changed. If they wanted Teddy, they should have went after him when he was a Free Agent. Instead, they re-sgned Bortles and traded for Kessler. They didn't even inquire on Teddy or any of the other QBs available. They cleary didn't want Teddy and literally nothing changed to where an opinion should have changed about the situation.

Call that decision stupid all you want; it's certainly fair. But to expect that they'd have changed their mind based on literally nothing and then traded draft assets? That's stupid too.

If the first decision was stupid, the decision not to reconsider is also stupid.

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

The argument was you need a capable starter behind Bortles in case he does terrible, and start Bortles over Teddy to start the year. Now they have ZERO backup plan. Kessler? Please. 

Archived