That was not Peppers fault

hornbybrown

I am an idiot, I blame Peppers, not for the whole game of course but we had a perfect opportunity to win it with great field position, we damn near needed one 1st down to get the FG and he fumbles it when we needed a playmaker to make a big play in a tie game. The defense got their act together got stops and TOs, the offense tied it up and when it looked like we could steal one on the road, he fumbles at the biggest part of the game.

YES I AM AN IDIOT, YES I BLAME PEPPERS

It's fair to blame Peppers for making a horrible mistake, but you could go over the whole game with a fine-toothed comb and point to several players that screwed us out of a win on several downs. Peppers made a mistake, but I'm not throwing him under the bus for the loss. He should get some blame, but this was a loss on the team.

Am I crazy or are the people hating on Peppers crazed OSU people that hate the fact that he's a Michigan guy?    I'm honestly not talking about any poster in particular, but I've heard this Peppers criticism for quite some time now and I have to think some of it is coming from the OSU-Michigan conundrum.

It's not all on Peppers. Baker also fumbled in a crucial situation at the end of the first half. It happens.

Penalties are what killed us. We gave up over 100 yards in penalties. Constant penalties are hurting us every week. Lack of discipline. Lack of accountability. At the end of the day, that's on the head coach. 

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

It's fair to blame Peppers for making a horrible mistake, but you could go over the whole game with a fine-toothed comb and point to several players that screwed us out of a win on several downs. Peppers made a mistake, but I'm not throwing him under the bus for the loss. He should get some blame, but this was a loss on the team.

Am I crazy or are the people hating on Peppers crazed OSU people that hate the fact that he's a Michigan guy?    I'm honestly not talking about any poster in particular, but I've heard this Peppers criticism for quite some time now and I have to think some of it is coming from the OSU-Michigan conundrum.

Peppers has earned himself the criticism but some weird hardcore tOSU still hate him cause he went to Michigan. I could careless where browns players went to college because that means nothing in the NFL

Where did Michigan come in this conversation? The guy is 1st round pick and you all are treating him with kid gloves. If you know me, I try to call things as they are, this has zero to do with the school he went to and everything to do with him not producing at the slot he was drafted and getting paid for. Period

18 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I am an idiot, I blame Peppers, not for the whole game of course but we had a perfect opportunity to win it with great field position, we damn near needed one 1st down to get the FG and he fumbles it when we needed a playmaker to make a big play in a tie game. The defense got their act together got stops and TOs, the offense tied it up and when it looked like we could steal one on the road, he fumbles at the biggest part of the game.

YES I AM AN IDIOT, YES I BLAME PEPPERS

Any thoughts on Baker's crucial fumble at end of first half? We get points there and the game doesn't go to OT. I'm not blaming Baker (I love Baker) but if you're going to talk about kid gloves...

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Where did Michigan come in this conversation? The guy is 1st round pick and you all are treating him with kid gloves. If you know me, I try to call things as they are, this has zero to do with the school he went to and everything to do with him not producing at the slot he was drafted and getting paid for. Period

Is it his fault he was picked in the first? Do we have a good special teams coach?

6 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

Any thoughts on Baker's crucial fumble at end of first half? We get points there and the game doesn't go to OT. I'm not blaming Baker (I love Baker) but if you're going to talk about kid gloves...

Thoughts on Baker is, he's a rookie and proned to make mistakes such as the one he made, he should switched the ball into his outside hand, he didnt. next....

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Thoughts on Baker is, he's a rookie and proned to make mistakes such as the one he made, he should have slid, he didnt. next....

There were a bunch of costly mistakes today. 

Penalties, Hubbard, play calling, a drop by njoku. You say it is one thing, for my mind our coaching is awful. Bad scheme and bad discipline and bad use of our players 

Archived