That was not Peppers fault

hornbybrown

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Thoughts on Baker is, he's a rookie and proned to make mistakes such as the one he made, he should switched the ball into his outside hand, he didnt. next....

Your quote about Peppers...

"The guy is 1st round pick and you all are treating him with kid gloves. If you know me, I try to call things as they are"

Baker is also a 1st rounder. Is one year of additional playing experience really the difference maker?

I'm not blaming Baker or Peppers but I think you're being consistent. 

Yeah this was a team loss

the coaching staff should take the blame though

we just are so undisciplined 

I know we’re young and they showed fight, but I’d rather you play with sense and purpose more than sheer battle at this point 

we keep killing our selves 

31 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Where did Michigan come in this conversation? The guy is 1st round pick and you all are treating him with kid gloves. If you know me, I try to call things as they are, this has zero to do with the school he went to and everything to do with him not producing at the slot he was drafted and getting paid for. Period

the michigan stuff came out because he stated that in an interview that he believes fans are too hard on him cause he is from michigan

15 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

Your quote about Peppers...

"The guy is 1st round pick and you all are treating him with kid gloves. If you know me, I try to call things as they are"

Baker is also a 1st rounder. Is one year of additional playing experience really the difference maker?

I'm not blaming Baker or Peppers but I think you're being consistent. 

Please lets not do this, Baker is a true rookie and Peppers is in his second year with a full offseason and in most cases should be the face or one of the faces of the defense moving forward, is he one the face of the defense? is he a significant contributor or do are we happy when he makes a play every now and then? that doesn't equal 1st round pick bro. Also by all accounts, Baker in the first quarter of his career already validated his draft position. Two first round picks, two different scenarios

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Please lets not do this, Baker is a true rookie and Peppers is in his second year with a full offseason and in most cases should be the face or one of the faces of the defense moving forward, is he one the face of the defense? is he a significant contributor or do are we happy when he makes a play every now and then? that doesn't equal 1st round pick bro. Also by all accounts, Baker in the first quarter of his career already validated his draft position. Two first round picks, two different scenarios

Come on now! 1st overall vs late-1st aren't the same. Baker is great but Peppers isn't Justin Gilbert. 

3 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

No bias..... as a 1st rounder, hes been iffy at best. Improving as a S this year but overall sucks at ST. Just dont play him there. But also the dude talks to much **** after making a play he should. Do your job

He is mediocre, and over drafted. 

Dosn't punish people in defense either. 

It’s rarely if ever one persons fault and as usual plenty of blame to go around. That said, it was a critical mistake and can’t happen from anyone, let alone a paid professional who bashed our fan base and got insecure and defensive about his inconsistency in the return game. He’s brought this criticism on himself. 

Yeah, I'm not sure why all the Peppers love all of a sudden. Most didn't like the pick and have not been especially impressed. He's looked like he could be a long term SS lately but has been a terrible returner until today. At this point, he is a bust as a late first round safety, a position that is rarely drafted high. It's early so no emphasis on that bust title, but the earnest Peppers adoration doesn't make sense to me either, @MSURacerDT55. I'm not ready to put the entire game on him, but I understand your rage. That play was pivotal. So were a few others, though, to be fair.

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I’m sorry but if you are blaming Peppers you are an idiot. We don’t even make it to overtime without him. 

This loss is on our terrible coaching staff

This loss is on the officiating. The Browns played well enough to win this game therefore they should have won by their effort--but the officiating put them so far behind the 8 ball they couldnt dig out of it. The refs basically said 'you can hit baker in the head no matter what', then didnt take yards of the illegal challenge and then called a bare minimum 5-7 ticky tack calls that no other team in the NFL gets called for besides the Browns.

Its nobody fault on the Browns, they won the game. The officiating thought otherwise and yes, this is 1000000% a game where I feel it is perfectly okay to put blame on somebody outside the Browns.

Its hard to win a football game where on every critical play the officiating finds a way to penalize you or miss major calls. Its okay to say it.

A turnover late in O.T. is likely gonna be a killer. The D stepped up but their kicker made a 59 yarder to win it. Peppers gets his share of the blame. The first half offense gets their share of the blame. The first half defense gets their share of the blame. Coaching, officiating etc etc. We really just needed one of those things not to go bad and we win. We aren't playing complete games. We aren't playing particularly well, just in spurts. The turn around has to start really soon.

Archived