Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Trade Deadline is 4 o'clock on the 30th of October.  Nine days away.

Dante Fowler just got into a locker room fight with that Y name guy in the locker room after their loss.

Time is now to pounce.  Gute it done.

Trade Kizer for Fowler.  That seems to be the compensation for talented players that can't fit in with their locker room.

Fowler did not have his 5th year option picked up. Whatever you give up you are likely renting him for 1/2 of a season at this point. Having said that, I'd give up Clay Matthews for him in a minute. 

I'd trade Cobb too, if I could get a 4th or 5th for him which is unlikely at this point. Heck, maybe we trade him for Shane Ray whose in the same boat as Fowler, minus the fight with the teammate. 

15 minutes ago, Howler said:

Desean Jackson. You could probably get him for a song.

Why would TPA be looking to move Jackson at this point? They're right in the mix of things.
They might want to increase the snaps of the rookie Godwin going forward but Jackson's performing now.
Next year? To get ouf of having a 32y/o WR pulling down 10M? Thats possible as there would be zero dead cap.

2 hours ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Fowler has some crazy talent but seems like a cancer to the Jaguars Locker room. Don't think I want any of that baggage here.

Tough to say without knowing what that locker room is like. I've definitely seen some "cancer" from both great people in shi++y situations and shi++y people in great situations before. I think we all have. 

A bit of fire can either stoke the flames to a perfect temperature or burn the entire place to the ground. 

I am willing to give up a first round pick for Chandler Jones at this point. 

Willing to give up a third for Fowler.

Willing to give up a 4th for Hughes.

Willing to give up a 5th for literally any other pass rusher just for how good I'd feel about doing something there. 

Also, to those who say that trading for Fowler would be a one year rental, it's not that simple.  The dude is going to get somebody at LEAST a 4th round compensatory pick considering how rare free agent pass rushers are, so if we traded a 4th for him, even if he left, we would essentially have only pawned the 4th round pick. 

Archived