Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Tough to say without knowing what that locker room is like. I've definitely seen some "cancer" from both great people in shi++y situations and shi++y people in great situations before. I think we all have. 

A bit of fire can either stoke the flames to a perfect temperature or burn the entire place to the ground. 

Very true. Jaguars have a lot of strong personalities, so maybe Fowler was the product of a bad locker room, rather than the cause. Fowler definitely has talent, just hasn't been able to get out of his own way it seams.

I think the Packers will be quiet before the trade deadline. Early returns are good for Gute's first draft. Unless a game changer is made available, I would rather keep the draft pick ammo and see what Gute can do in the next draft. .

What about our own players?  If we're not going to be making moves to give us a chance this year, I'd like to see us prepare better for next season.  Randall Cobb could be traded.  Clinton-Dix could be traded if we have zero intention of re-signing him.  Scary thought for our secondary unless Tramon moved to safety. 

I like the idea of being sellers at the trade deadline. I am not sure how often that happens in NFL though. I know NBA and MLB seem to use this tactic much more than the NFL. At least it feels that way based on how few trades tend to happen. The NFC North is pretty wide open , so selling may not be the popular choice.

I guess like everyone else I just want the Packers to address their weaknesses. If management feels like they can compete now, then make a move. Even if its the Brewers approach of getting medium impact players across multiple positions for depth. It doesn't have to be a premium player (although that would be nice). If they don't think this team has the makeups of a SB contender, then start getting value for players they don't consider part of the future.

Only thing that will be disappointing, and it is probably the most likely outcome, is that they do nothing.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm legitimately rolling on the floor laughing at the Cowboys' stupidity.

Yeah, I was expecting Cooper to get traded for a third round pick and hoping for a second.  If the season ended today, the Raiders would have the third, 10th and 15th overall picks in the draft. 

Cowboys aren't a receiver away from being able to beat their remaining opponents, either. 

Four losses already with road games against the Eagles, Falcons and Colts as well as home games against the Saints, Redskins and Eagles...

They'll be lucky to finish with 9 wins, so they probably just gave up a top 20 pick for a receiver. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I was expecting Cooper to get traded for a third round pick and hoping for a second.  If the season ended today, the Raiders would have the third, 10th and 15th overall picks in the draft. 

Cowboys aren't a receiver away from being able to beat their remaining opponents, either. 

Four losses already with road games against the Eagles, Falcons and Colts as well as home games against the Saints, Redskins and Eagles...

They'll be lucky to finish with 9 wins, so they probably just gave up a top 20 pick for a receiver. 

I could see a 3rd plus a future conditional pick for Cooper, maybe a 2nd from a very desperate team.  But a team whose currently got a top 10 pick giving up their first?  Stupid.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

You think Peterson would get what Mack did....? nah.

You said you wished an EDGE player of Patrick Peterson's caliber would become available, and Khalil Mack would be the closest.  No, he won't fetch as much as Mack did.  I'd anticipate a first plus more.

Archived