Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

Is the Karl Joseph thing a joke? I don't understand why so many want to trade for him. He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire in Oakland. 1 sack, 2 ints,  3 tfls, and 138 total tackles over 30 games doesn't jump off the page for me. What am I missing with him? I definitely don't want to trade for him if it costs a 3rd.

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

Is the Karl Joseph thing a joke? I don't understand why so many want to trade for him. He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire in Oakland. 1 sack, 2 ints,  3 tfls, and 138 total tackles over 30 games doesn't jump off the page for me. What am I missing with him? I definitely don't want to trade for him if it costs a 3rd.

The Raiders had two interceptions last year as a team, and Joseph had one of them.  Saying Joseph hasn't lit the world on fire in Oakland is like saying Larry Fitzgerald hasn't been lighting the world on fire in Arizona the last couple years. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Raiders had two interceptions last year as a team, and Joseph had one of them.  Saying Joseph hasn't lit the world on fire in Oakland is like saying Larry Fitzgerald hasn't been lighting the world on fire in Arizona the last couple years. 

I usually like your comparisons, but this one is lacking. Fitzgerald has a ridiculous amount of quality tape proving his ability. Karl Joseph....not so much.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Patrick Peterson would be kinda like getting a pass rusher.  

I just want something.  Anything.  Something to prove Gute isn't sleeping during the season.  

Of course if nothing happens it might not be because Gute is sitting on his hands.  You need 2 to tango.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

If Peterson goes anywhere but here, I want it to be the Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers or Texans.  Teams with a shot at beating the Patriots in the playoffs. 

He's gonna go to a division rival to trick their team into being better. Gute is a genius like that. 

Archived