Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Might wanna pump the breaks on calling a rookie pick bad after 7 games.

like calling a player good after a good start to a rookie season like MVS.

I'll give J'Mon moore a chance.  He's my fav of the group.

Anyway, results oriented thinking notwithstanding, 4th round picks aren't really worth that much.  You get some busts, some average players, and once in a while a good or great player.

Having loads of 4th round picks can be nice though if you're trying to fill a lot of slots.

16 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I agree. It would depend on if they wanted to sign someone else though. You don't get comp picks if you sign guys.

I was annoyed about the trade until I saw this. I forgot about that element to the comp pick formula.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I really think Ha Ha tanked his own value.  He flat out quit last year, and I don;t think he looked much better this year.  He can't tackle, and his angles are horrible.  As bad as he was we will probably miss him.

He's not a hitter. Never was. He took his position designation literally: free safety. Meaning - he was free to let the strong safety lay all the wood.
He "cruised past" more hits than he made IMO. As PR mentioned - move Breeland (or I mentioned Tramon) back there - and we dont skip a beat.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

You have no idea what Gute offered, nor if Fowler even wanted to come here!  And you were calling other posters idiots yesterday, SMH.

Lol who cares if he wanted to come here, it's a trade....not FA.

Also if you're offered a 3rd from a 3-3-1 team and one from a 7-0, who do you take?

2 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Did you see the FA safety market this offseason?  Pass rushers are obviously worth more to the league.

as they should be... its the 2nd most valuable position on the field (pending on how much you like elite offensive tackles)

4 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

5 Hours out from the trade deadline and the Packers have been linked to no one and let's be real -- The Packers haven't been as tight-lipped as they were with Ted Thompson. Safe to say this trade deadline is going to come and go with us more likely being a seller (Haha) then a buyer.

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why is 5 hours left relevant when no one has been traded to any teams yet aside from a few days ago? Lots of these deals come about due to the deadline. Packers haven't been linked to specific players, but have been linked to looking for EDGE players.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Tomlin.gif

Just gonna leave these right here and go back about my day.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Just gonna leave these right here and go back about my day.

And after you said this, the Pacers proceded to try and trade for Fowler ( interest/linked to player) and ship off two of their own. So like I said, the deadline was going to spur action on their moves, not 5 hrs out.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's not a hitter. Never was. He took his position designation literally: free safety. Meaning - he was free to let the strong safety lay all the wood.
He "cruised past" more hits than he made IMO. As PR mentioned - move Breeland (or I mentioned Tramon) back there - and we dont skip a beat.

But he was better closer to the line.  He's NOT a difference maker.  We won't miss him as much as people think.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Be careful what you wish for. You might be surprised how much we'll end up missing him.

Archived