Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

And after you said this, the Pacers proceded to try and trade for Fowler ( interest/linked to player) and ship off two of their own. So like I said, the deadline was going to spur action on their moves, not 5 hrs out.

but weren't serious buyers if they weren't willing to send a 3rd. Plus, I didn't know that Fowler left the NFL for the NBA :P

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

And after you said this, the Pacers proceded to try and trade for Fowler ( interest/linked to player) and ship off two of their own. So like I said, the deadline was going to spur action on their moves, not 5 hrs out.

What for strong forward? :)

Our options now are Josh Jackson, Tramon, Josh Jones, Whitehead, or Greene. Not sure you're gonna start Breeland there right now. Jackson might be interesting to see as a Free saftey. But I think they are gonna try to see what Jones has. If they do put Tramon back there, Jackson will be on the boundary.  Lots of options, but a whole lot of unknown. 

28 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Was he really that ******* bad that we could only get a 4th for him?! He caused 4 turnovers this year, my god im beyond pissed unless we make another trade for someone.

Teams watch tape too. For every tipped ball INT Dix had, he had 2 or 3 bad plays. Teams literally target him in the passing game especially the red zone. He was worth about a 4th.

I hoped for more, but a 4th is probably what comp pick we would have gotten. At least it's a higher 4th here. No way we were getting a 3rd, that's laughable. 

Combined with the fact there was a 5% chance of him resigning, this was the best we could get. Regardless of what Packers fans may think, teams weren't lining up to get Clinton-Dix. He's not a premier player.

Uhhh, so I guess the Packers were sellers at the deadline. Yikes, not thrilled about anything from today. The undefeated Rams go out and address their pass rush while GB makes their Safety group even weaker by dumping HHCD for what'll be a mid 4th rd pick at best

WTF

12 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Be careful what you wish for. You might be surprised how much we'll end up missing him.

Actually I wasnt wishing we do anything with HHCD - simply offering a personal assessment of his game.
Like DR before him - I think his talent can be replaced.

IMO - he wasnt a "fast closer" on passes....and PBUs weren't a big part of his game. Most of his INTs seemed to come from overthrows or deflections. 
My biggest personal bugaboo with his game was his unwillingness to hit anybody. He "waltzed" around them.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Teams watch tape too. For every tipped ball INT Dix had, he had 2 or 3 bad plays. Teams literally target him in the passing game especially the red zone. He was worth about a 4th.

I hoped for more, but a 4th is probably what comp pick we would have gotten. At least it's a higher 4th here. No way we were getting a 3rd, that's laughable. 

Combined with the fact there was a 5% chance of him resigning, this was the best we could get. Regardless of what Packers fans may think, teams weren't lining up to get Clinton-Dix. He's not a premier player.

I just hope it doesn't bite us in the *** here. 

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Uhhh, so I guess the Packers were sellers at the deadline. Yikes, not thrilled about anything from today. The undefeated Rams go out and address their pass rush while GB makes their Safety group even weaker by dumping HHCD for what'll be a mid 4th rd pick at best

WTF

Reports had GB trying to get Fowler before the Rams made the trade. I do not care for the HaHa trade but that’s not something that is going to make us a much worse team. He was solid but he was a very poor tackler and was never coming back next year so we got what we could. 

14 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Exactly.

We now have a GM who will be an active participant in free agency and there is no reason to believe we will be getting any comp picks next year.

Yeah .. this tells me we are going to be players in free agency.  Gute is thinking he will not be seeing a comp pick for Ha Ha, so why not get what I can now.

Archived