Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, what did you think that the team was with HaHa? Because he wasn't re-signing with the Packers.  Are they worse now without HaHa? I think so.  Were we going to win the Super Bowl this season? I don't think so.  

Not being a super bowl caliber team at the moment still doesn't really justify it to me. It's not even like we are out of it. He's your best FS maybe even your only true FS on the team, was a 4th really worth it? Now we have a bunch of unknowns that will try to fill that position. I really hope Jones takes advantage of it and just balls out, but I just don't like this trade atm. 

I'm not upset about HaHa leaving, he clearly never fully bought into the team.

I'm not upset at the compensation though I think it's low - the reality is that he already stated he was leaving next year so we didn't hold a ton of leverage there.

I'm very upset that we don't have anything to replace him though.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I started laughing at his effort two or three vids in .. this dude wasn't the least bit interested in playing here.   Good riddance!

Damn. Let me play free safety if thats all I've got to do - read: be on the field.

He's going to a perfect situation for him in WA where Swearinger is the hitter / head hunter.

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Gute is ammo-ing up for a QB next draft

Uh which QB exactly? lol. Herbert is rumored to be returning to Oregon for his senior year -- outside of that I don't think right now there's a QB I'd want to "ammo up" for in next years draft class.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Damn. Let me play free safety if thats all I've got to do - read: be on the field.

He's going to a perfect situation for him in WA where Swearinger is the hitter / head hunter.

I couldn't coach in this day and age .. I would pull the guy right off the field if I saw that level of loafing.  Some of those videos are an embarrassment ... probably a good reason why he only fetched us a 4th rounder.

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Uh which QB exactly? lol. Herbert is rumored to be returning to Oregon for his senior year -- outside of that I don't think right now there's a QB I'd want to "ammo up" for in next years draft class.

I was joking.  We aren't stacking chips for a qb.

3 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Haha is kind of an interesting deal, I think he's been a bit underrated by fans in GB but overrated by outside fans/media.  At least a 4th is more than we got for Hyde who is a better Safety.

if we could go back in time thats a deal I wish the packers woulda done differently

Gonna try believing this is addition by subtraction.  Get somebody - Jones, Breeland, Tramon, Whitehead - at that spot who wants to be here long term and wants to prove himself.  In a few weeks this could look genius.  Gotta have faith in our staff.  

I know nobody is tanking on this season.  Not after all the promise we've shown.  

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I couldn't coach in this day and age .. I would pull the guy right off the field if I saw that level of loafing.  Some of those videos are an embarrassment ... probably a good reason why he only fetched us a 4th rounder.

Are you implying there was an era you could have?

Lol I'm just razzing ya

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's hard not to laugh at how many guys who scream we're waiting Rodgers prime are all the sudden down for building for the future. Good times

Not really. I think Gute realizes there were too many problems on this team to do it in one year. Next year is Gute's "clean slate" year. Loads of draft picks and a lot more money to spend on players "he wants" not players TT picked for him. More than likely Cobb and Matthews are gone next year and they may even need to move on from Perry and his ridiculous contract. Take the dead money -- at least we save something, because the guy is worthless right now. You could argue he's are worst EDGE player and certainly our worst starter. 

Hopefully Gute will be all out aggressive in FA next year, make some moves and use those top picks to add talent to our premium positions, at this point, probably EDGE and S. 

Our offense is still pretty much set. We won't miss Cobb next year with the emergence of MVS and ESB, and maybe Moore. We have a superstar in the making in Aaron Jones at RB, and a still a pretty solid OL. Our offense will be SB caliber next year. 

As for defense, through FA and the draft you can build a SB defense in a single offseason if you are willing to make the moves. We still have Clark, Daniels, Martinez, Burks, Alexander, Jackson and King as a solid base. Need to fill in the gaps from there with some FA acquisitions and draft picks. 

2 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

At least a 4th is more than we got for Hyde who is a better Safety.

A lot better IMO. Hyde mixes it up. Hyde gets his uniform dirty. He puts himself into the play. I'd LOVE to have Hyde at Free Safety right about now.
HHCD either makes sure he shows up just as all the bodies are coming to rest and the whistle blows - or he moves out of the way. The guy doesnt like to hit anybody.

Archived