Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

I think it a good trade to move out Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

I have felt for a long time that he didn't want to be in Green Bay, and the Packers using the 5th year option probably didn't help.  Looks to me like Gute is cleaning up the locker room and getting rid of the guys that aren't good teammates that want to be there.

I think HHCD is easily replaceable- with all the talent we have at corner, and the ability to run man schemes effectively with the guys we have, we can put an extra corner in there and do well. Jackson has had a hybrid role all year- against San Francisco he played a lot of snaps close to the line and rushed the passer a fair amount.

Dix is not an ideal free safety.  He doesn't have the range of a top free safety, and he doesn't seem to be a hitter like a traditional strong safety.

I am ok with this deal.

50 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Think about it though .. it's a 4th round pick for 9 games.  He wasn't returning to GB next year.  I wanted at least a 3rd, so I think we failed a bit on this deal.

After a little more thought, I don’t mind the 4th as much. I’ll be liking it come April. More ammo to move around. 

Just thought we’d be adding someone through trade, not subtracting. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

A lot better IMO. Hyde mixes it up. Hyde gets his uniform dirty. He puts himself into the play. I'd LOVE to have Hyde at Free Safety right about now.
HHCD either makes sure he shows up just as all the bodies are coming to rest and the whistle blows - or he moves out of the way. The guy doesnt like to hit anybody.

Eh he'll hit sometimes.  He's a weird player to gauge because he just has really good plays and really bad plays all just seemingly at random throughout every game.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Gonna try believing this is addition by subtraction.  Get somebody - Jones, Breeland, Tramon, Whitehead - at that spot who wants to be here long term and wants to prove himself.  In a few weeks this could look genius.  Gotta have faith in our staff.  

I know nobody is tanking on this season.  Not after all the promise we've shown.  

halfway through with the division in reach, we sure as hell arent lol

This goes without saying, but we'll be in a much better position to judge this trade after the season. Right now we're all trying to project whether Ha Ha's replacement, whoever that may be, will be a marginal dropoff or a steep one, and whether it ends up costing us a trip to the playoffs/Super Bowl. The only thing we know with relative certainty is that he wasn't going to be a Green Bay Packer next year. Also, it's going to be nice having an extra 4th.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Looks to me like Gute is cleaning up the locker room and getting rid of the guys that aren't good teammates that want to be there.

This...

It started with the Randall trade, it continues with everything that has happened today. I don't like the HaHa trade, but I get it.

4 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Eh he'll hit sometimes.  He's a weird player to gauge because he just has really good plays and really bad plays all just seemingly at random throughout every game.

Well I cant say I watch a whole helluvalot of BUF games. I value my sanity.....but when I do - it seems to me he's in on the action - a whole helluvalot more than Mr. HHCD.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

In that we didn't make a move for a OLB/DE?

Was that the move people were hoping for?

Just was hoping that if we were going to move, it wasn't going to be sellers 

Also anybody that was bitching about Thompson not taking the last year's of Rodgers career seriously, needs to be angry about this

Archived