2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Gute: who are you starting at RB on Sunday

MM: Ty

Gute: I want you to start Jones

MM: The starting lineup is mine - Jones will get his 4 carries

Gute: I just traded Ty

MM: DOH !!

Gute going Moneyball on MM

"... trading Montgomery ends the three-back experiment, which was a waste of time. Now, Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams can split time with Jones getting most of the early-down work and Williams most of the third-down work. There is no third wheel there to complicate matters. There is no excuse for coach Mike McCarthy to ignore Jones now."

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/10/30/silverstein-packers-put-house-order-pair-necessary-deals/1821324002/

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Didn't both Deion and Barry Sanders say they wouldn't play for Green Bay when we drafted Mandarich?

We're lucky to field a team on Sundays !
We have the worst GM, the worst HC and the worst assistants evah...
Rodgers hates MM ! We'll probably be relegated to Division II next year
Even the Rats are leaving the sinking ship.

350px-St%C3%B6wer_Titanic.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

We're lucky to field a team on Sundays !
We have the worst GM, the worst HC and the worst assistants evah...
Rodgers hates MM ! We'll probably be relegated to Division II next year
Even the Rats are leaving the sinking ship.

350px-St%C3%B6wer_Titanic.jpg

What's that have to do with guys not wanting to be on the Packers in 1988?

I don't really understand all the "Gute needs to go all in!" crowd that's out there.  This isn't really a roster that you go all in with.  Yeah we have Rodgers we also have a lot of money tied up in underperforming players.  Going all in makes a hell of a lot more sense next season than this one.  Gute really didn't have a lot to work with this year.

On 10/28/2018 at 2:22 PM, Outpost31 said:

Why do people think Clinton-Dix would get only a third round pick? 

He's tied for the league lead in interceptions and is the second highest-rated safety in the league (probably first after Earl Thomas' injury). 

He's not getting traded for less than a second round pick, and I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked if a team like the Chiefs sent a first round pick for him at this point in the season, banking on a bottom 10 pick. 

Third round?  That would be literally the worst move Gute could possibly ever make.  Ever.  That would literally be a slap in the face to Packer fans and admittance of defeat on the season. 

That would literally make me quit football right now.  Trading the highest-rated safety in the NFL who leads the league in interceptions and leads all safeties in interceptions since he entered the league for a third round pick in value?  My God, that would be terrible.  I'd literally sit out the season if I was playing for the Packer defense and Gute did that. 

Ever get tired of being wrong? I hope you are a person of your word and you are 'quitting' football. 

36 minutes ago, Gravedigger93 said:

San Francisco. He didn't have a tackle or sack, but his 3 deflected passes at the LOS were about the only times this defense could hold freaking CJ Beathard to no gain ;)

Reaked havoc?  Guy couldn’t get anywhere near the QB and had balls thrown right at him he could raise his hands to block. 

I'm going to say in regards to some of those redzone TDs:

Lining up a safety 6 yards deep in the endzone, with inside leverage, in isolation against a wide receiver, while also having run fill responsibilities, there aren't a lot of CBs that are going to look good doing that, to say nothing of Safeties.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm going to say in regards to some of those redzone TDs:

Lining up a safety 6 yards deep in the endzone, with inside leverage, in isolation against a wide receiver, while also having run fill responsibilities, there aren't a lot of CBs that are going to look good doing that, to say nothing of Safeties.

Maybe our safety wasnt supposed nto be that deep either and that's why he's gone.

Archived