the Berea Bash: Huey vs Hayley

Kiwibrown

H v H  

11 members have voted

1. 1. who survives

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2018 at 10:26 AM

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m trying to figure out the angle he’s playing now for 2019 in terms of coming off as competent and remaining the HC.

The usuals: Deflect blame and throw someone (Haley) under the bus.

This is so old.

I would not call Todd Haley incompetent just yet. It is simply unfair. We all know that Hue Jackson is an over the top control freak. I would like to see Haley's offense without the input of Hue Jackson in his ear all the time. Haley has had success in multiple different places in his career and I see no reason why he would suddenly be inept. The clear common denominator in our terrible play calling, decision making and losing is Hue Jackson and Hue Jackson alone.

I am not guaranteeing Haley will be a good OC for the Browns, but I have personally been in Haley's shoes twice in my short career where I was "in charge" of the offense but I ran practices the head coaches way, ran the scheme the head coach told me to run, played the players the head coach told me to play and even called more than enough plays the head coach told me to call. Then I took all the heat when it went bad including from that vary head coach. I went through it as a defensive coordinator as well with a different head coach.

I would like to see Haley for a minimum of the last 8 games without Hue Jackson around.

Archived