Seahawks sign former 49ers CB Tramaine Brock

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He's still a very solid cornerback. If it weren't for the DV issue, he likely wouldn't have been cut. Good get for the Hawks. 

Likely wouldn't have been cut? He would have definitely been the starter opposite Robinson and probably the best corner on the team.

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Likely wouldn't have been cut? He would have definitely been the starter opposite Robinson and probably the best corner on the team.

I couldn't say that for sure given all the cuts that Shanny and Lynch made. I would have found it very surprising and unlikely, but not completely impossible I suppose (though far more likely he would have been traded, I imagine. Clearly there was interest in him)

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I couldn't say that for sure given all the cuts that Shanny and Lynch made. I would have found it very surprising and unlikely, but not completely impossible I suppose (though far more likely he would have been traded, I imagine. Clearly there was interest in him)

Which cuts have they exactly made? Cap space isn't an issue right now and as Maiocco reported, they reached out to his agent once the charges were dropped.

41 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Zeke got suspended 6 games so will Brock.

I don't think he will. I'm not even sure that he's facing discipline from the NFL. Brock seems confident he won't, though that really doesn't mean much. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which cuts have they exactly made? Cap space isn't an issue right now and as Maiocco reported, they reached out to his agent once the charges were dropped.

They turned over half the roster. Nobody really of Brock's caliber, but they've made a lot of moves.  Like I said, I can't say for sure that they wouldn't have cut him...very unlikely in my opinion, but I"m not in the room, so I really don't know that for sure. Hence the use of the phrase "he likely wouldn't have been cut". 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You said it, no one of Brock's caliber or even close to him. I mean they have kept Brooks. Who is better, Brock at CB or Brooks at SAM?

Nobody else to play SAM, and the drop off between Brooks and whoever else is left could be considered pretty substantial, which does give Brooks value. But I won't derail the thread any more. I cannot guarantee that they wouldn't have cut him of their own volition at some point, so I'm not going to say it as a guarantee. Even if I'm 99% sure that they wouldn't have cut him, that's still not a guarantee. There is nothing wrong with using the verbage "likely" in this instance. 

Archived