What team had the worst loss today?

CKS97

What team had the worst loss today?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Worse loss today?

• Ravens (Missed extra point)
    • Bears (1 yard from a Hail Mary)
    • Browns (3rd and 27 turns into a walkoff 59 yd FG)
    • Cowboys (Garrett gonna Garrett)
    • Eagles (Blew 17 pt 4th quarter lead)

Bears/ravens are tied IMO. 

Browns did the typical browns things so eh.

Eagles blew a lead, it happens. 

Kevin White being 1 yard away sums up his entire career.

Justin Tucker missing his 1st XP when literally nobody expects that, wasn't even a bad kick...the look on his face. I'm a ravens fan so that gets my vote.

It's the Eagles and Ravens and anything else isn't even in that tier. My Facebook has gone literally silent because of that Eagles loss. There was just so much that went into it. Eagles beat the Panthers last year in a nailbiter where the fanbase thought they were cheated all game and go on to win the Super Bowl. Many fans felt like that game was a launching point to the title and that this game was kind of revisiting. And for them to blow a 3 score lead with 10 minutes left when the Panthers had done nothing but punt all game long?

Ravens because Justin Tucker is a Hall of Famer and that's his lone blunder in his career.

I'd go with the Eagles because of playoff ramifications.  They could have not only leapfrogged the as-it-stands-now #5 seed, but would have held the tiebreaker over them.  Instead, they are now multiple games back from the Panthers (Panthers have had their bye while the Eagles haven't) and will lose the head-to-head if it comes down to that.  And to lose it the way they did was just icing on the cake.

Ravens loss was bad for that reason too.  They are in a better position currently than the Eagles at 4-3, but now have to travel to 4-2 Carolina (who owns the current longest home winning streak), then two home games against the Steelers and Bengals.

Well the Bears lost because a low percentage hail mary got close in a game they probably should have lost. The Ravens were only going to tie the game with no gaurantees of a win. Cowboys are a joke so I don't care about them. Browns are flirting with disaster everytime they go into overtime. 

So yeah I'm going to go with the Eagles considering I literally blinked and a 17 point lead was gone

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I'd go with the Eagles because of playoff ramifications.  They could have not only leapfrogged the as-it-stands-now #5 seed, but would have held the tiebreaker over them.  Instead, they are now multiple games back from the Panthers (Panthers have had their bye while the Eagles haven't) and will lose the head-to-head if it comes down to that.  And to lose it the way they did was just icing on the cake.

I was already celebrating the demise of the Panthers.  Then it happened.

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

haha I vote to nominate Jacksonville

any time you gotta resort to Cody Kessler thats pretty horrifying 

That Bears Hail Mary is heartbreaking though 

I remember when that happened to Baltimore with Derrick Mason during that NE undefeated season 

I 100% remember that 2007 game. Literally the exact same hail mary was completed but short finish

Blowing a 17 pt lead is one thing, most of the time it happens it's probably a pretty offensive sided game. This was a 17-0 lead. The Eagles held the Panthers scoreless through 3 quarters... then promptly allowed 21 points, including an improbable 4th & 10 conversion. At home. This would be bad enough as it is, but they also blew a 17-3 lead 4th quarter lead just a few weeks ago. So there's a clear coaching problem. Not to mention the ramifications of the loss and difference between 3-4 and 4-3 in the tight NFC is huge. 

I'll be honest, the Justin Tucker kick doesn't even register to me, same way I'm sure Eagles loss doesn't even register to Ravens fans, but I see it like this: Unthinkable, but a pretty meaningless game in grand scheme of things. A week 7 loss to an out of conference team? You're still half a game in your division, crushed division leader already. Crushing blow to a bid for a top 2 seed, but I think such aspirations would have been delusional to begin with. Tucker missing an XP is a fluke, sucks that it happened, but you can just mark it as "one of those days." 

Bears were underdogs who gave up 2 special teams TDs, Fangio coaching like he had Alzheimer's,  and still were in it at the end. It sucked how it happened but it was an expected loss, especially with Mack clearly hobbled.

Eagles were looking like they were hitting their stride, and I fully expected that win. They'll bounce back but that was not a lead I expected to lose.

Archived