Luck comeback player of the year?

Blackstar12

1 minute ago, megatechpc said:

Watt at least has a chance.  The Texans still have a lot of talent and if Watson can recapture his play from last year I still believe they are a serious contender in the AFC (a big "if" though because Watson hasn't looked great since the ACL).  Luck, however, has no shot this year or anytime in the immediate future on that Colts team.  They desperately need a couple of HR-drafts to get some talent on that team before they'll ever have a shot, even with a 100% performing Luck at QB.

at least the colts are trying to make the team better, they drafted an OL to help that terrible oL. It almost cost him his career

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

at least the colts are trying to make the team better, they drafted an OL to help that terrible oL. It almost cost him his career

Colts OL is finally improved I think Luck has been sacked only 10 times this year. Colts drafted  mainly in the trenches this year.  I really don’t think their that far off they easily could have won more games (Bengals, Eagles, Texans) this year.

4 hours ago, rich homie said:

On a pure football level yeah they're pretty close but Luck is a quarterback who is currently leading the league in touchdown passes. There's no way they give it to a defensive player should both players keep up their current level.

Is he though?

11 hours ago, game3525 said:

It should be Watt.

He has arguably been the best defensive player in the league so far this season. Luck has played well, but most of his numbers are coming from sheer volume. His YPA right now would make Sam Bradford blush. 

That’s because of the Colts lack of run game. Yesterday showed how efficient Luck can be with a solid run game 4 TDs on just 15 passes. YPA is so low is because other then TY he doesn’t have any other playmakers to get YAC.

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

That’s because of the Colts lack of run game. Yesterday showed how efficient Luck can be with a solid run game 4 TDs on just 15 passes. YPA is so low is because other then TY he doesn’t have any other playmakers to get YAC.

Anyone criticizing Luck right now hasn't seen the games. TY has been out most of the season and the next best receiver (this can be Ebron or Chester Rodgers) has feet for hands. He's essentially weaponless and willing the offense down the field. I really hope he can find himself in a better situation because he's being wasted in Indianapolis.

Nope. It's Watt IMO because luck still isn't nearly the player he was, Colts fans will be say it's the team around him but he's clearly a different player. J.J has rebounded and is still the player he was.

He might though because he's a QB and that's all he really needs tbh.

51 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Nope. It's Watt IMO because luck still isn't nearly the player he was, Colts fans will be say it's the team around him but he's clearly a different player. J.J has rebounded and is still the player he was.

He might though because he's a QB and that's all he really needs tbh.

Well you haven’t been watching that many games with Luck he’s been a lot smarter this year and isn’t playing reckless with his body. To be second in the league passing TD’s ,coming off a major injury and no weapons beside  TY is impressive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Colts/status/1054543627815333893

21 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Well you haven’t been watching that many games with Luck he’s been a lot smarter this year and isn’t playing reckless with his body. To be second in the league passing TD’s ,coming off a major injury and no weapons beside  TY is impressive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Colts/status/1054543627815333893

Watched every colts game this year mate. Luck has improved mentally as a player, I'm not denying that but he's clearly lost his edge he had when he was healthy.

5 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Watched every colts game this year mate. Luck has improved mentally as a player, I'm not denying that but he's clearly lost his edge he had when he was healthy.

Not sure what your seeing he seems like his pre injury self + playing safer/smarter. agree to disagree I guess. Last game showed how efficient Luck can be with a good run game 4 TDs on just 15 completions.

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

Not sure what your seeing he seems like his pre injury self + playing safer/smarter. agree to disagree I guess.

Mostly referring to his arm strength and play-making ability, he's obviously making plays but not nearly as many with his legs or arm. (Risk vs. Reward with his body balanced that out I guess)

If I had to try to sum it up, it's like watching Peyton go from pre neck surgery to post neck surgery. You can tell he's the same QB but their play-style changed drastically. (Not nearly as drastic a difference but that's the closest thing I can think of) 

Archived