Where does Thielen Rank As A WR?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Thielen Rank As A WR?

• Best in the NFL
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 15
    • Product of Keenum and Cousins.

So he had another 100+ yard game. Extending his own NFL record of 100 yard games to start the season with 7. 

So where do the rest of you guys think he is rated?

Each year over the last 3 years he has gotten exponentially better and is only getting better. One of, if not, the best route runners in the league and also has some of the best hands. 6'2" along with 4.45 speed. 

He pretty much has already cemented himself as an all-pro through 7 games. 67 catches, 822 yards, 5 TD's...what he is doing is absolutely insane. On pace for 153 catches, 1,879 yards, 11 TD's.

I think he's easily transformed and vaulted himself into a top 5 receiver, what say you guys?

Comparison forum? 

Anyway, Thielen’s amazing. He’s in the second tier of receivers IMO that come just a smidge behind. So behind the group of Julio, Brown, and OBJ, but right in there with Thomas and Hill (purposely left out Nuk and AJ, as they can be argued in either tier IMO).

So right in the 4-8 range.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Comparison forum? 

Anyway, Thielen’s amazing. He’s in the second tier of receivers IMO that come just a smidge behind. So behind the group of Julio, Brown, and OBJ, but right in there with Thomas and Hill (purposely left out Nuk and AJ, as they can be argued in either tier IMO).

So right in the 4-8 range.

Crap. If a mod sees this can you move it?

I rarely ever make threads so I forgot a comparison forum exists

11 minutes ago, malak1 said:

He’s definitely tier 1 on his good days. Overall though, he’s tier 2 right now for me.

IDK when I think Tier 1 I think it has to be more than a impressive stat line. Honestly there is only 2 maybe 3 tier 1 receivers on any given year. Don't get me wrong he is great and has earned his praise. But I would still take a number of dudes over him.

13 minutes ago, malak1 said:

He’s definitely tier 1 on his good days. Overall though, he’s tier 2 right now for me.

He's had all of one Tier 1 game - Week 16 against the Packers 2 years ago. He's been consistent but he's never shown Tier 1 play other than one game.

8 minutes ago, Riftty said:

IDK when I think Tier 1 I think it has to be more than a impressive stat line. Honestly there is only 2 maybe 3 tier 1 receivers on any given year. Don't get me wrong he is great and has earned his praise. But I would still take a number of dudes over him.

Then why mention “good day” or “bad day?”

15 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

He's had all of one Tier 1 game - Week 16 against the Packers 2 years ago. He's been consistent but he's never shown Tier 1 play other than one game.

Every game this year? Look what he is on pace for. Are you really going to say he hasn't looked like a tier 1 receiver this year?

If you want to argue that other guys have done it over more seasons, then sure you might have an argument that he hasn't earned it vs. other guys. But he's arguably been the best WR this year.

2 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Every game this year? Look what he is on pace for. Are you really going to say he hasn't looked like a tier 1 receiver this year?

If you want to argue that other guys have done it over more seasons, then sure you might have an argument that he hasn't earned it vs. other guys. But he's arguably been the best WR this year.

You don't seem to know what Tier 1 actually is if you think 130 yard games are Tier 1. Tier 1 games would be 180+ yards and/or Multiple Touchdowns. He's only done that once. He's been consistent as all hell but there hasn't been a game where you would say "Man, the Vikings are ONLY in this game because of Adam Thielen and Adam Thielen only." That's tier one play. I can cite MULTIPLE games for Jones, Beckham, Hopkins and Brown doing that.

Archived