(Poll) Pick Your Interim HC Coach on the Staff & WHY (Give Reasons)

Mind Character

(Poll) Pick Your Interim HC Coach on the Staff  

23 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) Pick Your Interim HC Coach on the Staff

• Gregg Williams HC; Todd Haley OC
    • Todd Haley HC; Todd Haley/Freddie Kitchens OC
    • Al Saunders HC; Todd Haley OC
    • Hue Jackson HC; Ken Zampese OC; Demote Todd Haley

I don’t think he should be “fired immediately.” That implies that I don’t believe he should have been fired by sometime last season or that the specified lack of discipline issues are 1. A new trend 2. The straw that broke the camel’s back. That ship left port around the time the bitcoin rose to prominence.  

Gimme anyone that will take ownership for the team he’s in charge of and also won’t stall out some of our younger player’s development until we can find a competent HC this offseason. 

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

We've gone to 4 Overtimes.

Lost all our games by 4 points or less except against the Chargers.

The team has competed hard and a lot of young players have made some critical errors in pressure situations.

The Media and Vast Majority of fans think the poor play-calling in critical moments, the off-sides by Myles, the false starts by Kevin Zeitler, the holding by Desmond Harrison, the fumble by Jabrill, and all the bad things mean Hue has to be fired immediately. The good things that happened today aren't attributable to Hue or the other coaches on the staff however.

If immediate firing ends up being the case, who is the interim coach from the staff you'd select?

----------------------------------

Todd Haley does not have the emotional temperament to be the HC in my opinion.

Yelling at Jarvis in the preseason when the ball was clearly over his head and thrown out of bounds showed a fiery coach ( a quality I love ) that is going to have issues as the head manager of the football team and personalities.

Gregg Williams flies off the handle much like Haley, but is known by players to not do so with personal attacks on plays he can't possibly get a grasp on from the sidelines. Aaron Donald, Dominque Easley, and others have spoken about such things.

-------------------

If I had to pick between the two, I'd rather go with Gregg Williams as the interim coach.

Todd Haley as an offensive coordinator has been underwhelming to say the least.

I get people being excited with any option other than the current one, but I can't understand how anyone that knows football and Todd Haley thinks that he's actually a good leader that can effect change on the entire football team.

He had some great sound bites in Hard Knocks, but his issues are still evident.

I think we should not make a move this soon in the season given the competitiveness of this young team with wins on the record.

Now that Hue being fired will be out there and potential offensive changes implemented, I want to see how the team responds.

Can the offensive look more dynamic?

Cut back on turnovers?

I felt like I just read a statement from Hue....I read a bunch of blame on our young players and OC/DC, but no accountability for the guy that has been in charge for going on 3 seasons now? We fired Chud after a season in where he won 4 games in his first year....fired Pettine after going 10 - 22....yet kept Hue after going 1-31.

I'm not blaming Hue for everything, but as the HC, I am blaming him for the majority of things (just like any leader). I was still up for giving Hue a chance after going 1-15 his first year...but there is ZERO excuses (unless you ask Hue who had a million excuses that didn't have the sentence "I'm to blame because I'm the HC") why the Browns went 0 - 16 last year. Some of the worst coaches in the recent decade have been able to pull out multiple wins on their first season.

I voted Al. I'm not saying he would be a great HC long term (possibly?), but he would definitely still have the respect of the players and coaches. I just want a Head Coach that shows he can develop our young players and put them in a position to succeed...the last couple weeks, I feel like they have regressed instead of improved.

How in the world can we name Haley the interim when he can't even make good with a defense that leads the league in turnovers, passes defended, one of the leaders in sacks? Yeah that will go over well with the team

49 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Haley. He keeps some semblance of continuity and I THINK the players respect him

Meh, they respected what he did in Pitt, not sure he has the same cache 7 games in

52 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Haley. He keeps some semblance of continuity and I THINK the players respect him

Feel like the players respect both Haley and Williams more than Hue.  I bet you Haley and Greggg would have called out the refs By now. 

54 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I say you make it Greg and now Haley no longer has to worry about the HC looking over his shoulder and questioning the things he does

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How in the world can we name Haley the interim when he can't even make good with a defense that leads the league in turnovers, passes defended, one of the leaders in sacks? Yeah that will go over well with the team

THIS.

If we make a change, have the interim be Gregg Williams instead of Haley.

Lost in all of this anger at Hue's leadership and press conference is the fact that Todd Haley's been poor at offensive playcalling in critical situations, overtime, etc....

While I understand everyone being pissed at Hue for wanting to intervene and saying he would do so in a press conference... Something has to change with Haley

We're 7 games into the season... whether that means having Al Saunders or Ken Zampese more involved in the offensive plan, or having an all hands on deck Saunders, Zampese, and Hue early game and 2-minute scripting or Hue taking over some play-calling... we have to try something at this point.

I’m going Haley. The foundational problem with this team is the lack of discipline and that is a direct result of having a “player’s coach” leading the way. This team needs a no-nonsense leader who calls it likes he sees it and holds everyone accountable, and out of the current members of this staff, that seems to be Haley to me. His quote after the loss to Buffalo in preseason says it all: paraphrasing, we deserved to lose, this is how we practice, this is what we get. 

Archived