Sign in to follow this  
MistaBohmbastic

Should the Browns move on from Desmond Harrison after this season?

Browns future left tackle?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Browns future left tackle?

• Ride it out with Des Harrison
    • Sign/Draft an LT in the offseason

I think people are really taking the lack of developing young players for granted 

look at Adam Thielin right now 

dude is the best receiver in the game right now and he was an UDFA 

Dude took 3 full years to amount to anything now look at him 

I think we’re all expecting our young players to be great instantly and we’re not giving them a chance to develop before we make our final decisions on them 

I think Harrison is going to be a stud and future pro bowler we were lucky to get him. 

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think people are really taking the lack of developing young players for granted 

look at Adam Thielin right now 

dude is the best receiver in the game right now and he was an UDFA 

Dude took 3 full years to amount to anything now look at him 

I think we’re all expecting our young players to be great instantly and we’re not giving them a chance to develop before we make our final decisions on them 

I think Harrison is going to be a stud and future pro bowler we were lucky to get him. 

Good point.

Now ask yourself, how many times did Minnesota try and upgrade the WR position over the course of those 3 years?

Or ask Google. I'm not going to look it up, but my guess is many times.

UDFAs win jobs in competitions. They are not guaranteed spots. That's what makes them get better. 

This kid was handed the job without any kind of legitimate competition. And he is regressing week to week. Carl Nassib of all people beat him like a rented mule. 

The position needs to be addressed in the offseason. If he wins the competition under the new coaching staff, then so be it.

17 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Good point.

Now ask yourself, how many times did Minnesota try and upgrade the WR position over the course of those 3 years?

Or ask Google. I'm not going to look it up, but my guess is many times.

UDFAs win jobs in competitions. They are not guaranteed spots. That's what makes them get better. 

This kid was handed the job without any kind of legitimate competition. And he is regressing week to week. Carl Nassib of all people beat him like a rented mule. 

The position needs to be addressed in the offseason. If he wins the competition under the new coaching staff, then so be it.

Yeah but I’m not trying to draft the next Laquon Treadwell either when we have Thielin. 

Especially at a position like LT where your backup doesn’t see the field. Corner, receiver linebacker, d line yeah that’s cool your always rotating and needing new bodies 

If we draft a LT and he can’t beat out Harrison what value does he add?

hes the next Corbett riding the pine. I’ll pass I believe Harrison is the guy we don’t have to spend a top 3 round pick

Edited by brownie man

22 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah but I’m not trying to draft the next Laquon Treadwell either when we have Thielin. 

Especially at a position like LT where your backup doesn’t see the field. Corner, receiver linebacker, d line yeah that’s cool your always rotating and needing new bodies 

If we draft a LT and he can’t beat out Harrison what value does he add?

hes the next Corbett riding the pine. I’ll pass I believe Harrison is the guy we don’t have to spend a top 3 round pick

Well then you have a faith in him that is not based in reality. Sort of like a certain QB we had last year.

Just now, ditchdigger said:

Well then you have a faith in him that is not based in reality. Sort of like a certain QB we had last year.

Kizers career ain’t over!!! ? 

I was thinking about it I feel Kizer would’ve been better in Haley’s offense and last years offense would be a better fit with Baker 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I was thinking about it I feel Kizer would’ve been better in Haley’s offense and last years offense would be a better fit with Baker 

smh

42 minutes ago, brownie man said:

20 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

smh

*smdh

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Kizer would be better In Haleys offense. Baker as well. Tyrod would have been better in Hue’s offense. Haley’s offense is more based on a QB anticipating the WR open. Hue’s offense was “see them open then throw it”. Taylor struggled anticipating the WRs. Lead to him holding onto the ball. It’s like he doesn’t trust himself. Now if the WR was open he would rip to the WR tho. 

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

BUMP

Has anyone changed their opinion on this? Curious to find out...

got dominated by power rusher, he started the year at 280 pounds. His movement skills are top 3-4% for his position. He, like a prize hog needs to fattenup and get stronger. 

Also there is something drastically wrong with our online and blocking, more than once we let a rusher free at QB. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

got dominated by power rusher, he started the year at 280 pounds. His movement skills are top 3-4% for his position. He, like a prize hog needs to fattenup and get stronger. 

Agreed.  What he needs doesn’t get fixed overnight.

Experience and calories should help him a ton.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Also there is something drastically wrong with our online and blocking, more than once we let a rusher free at QB. 

Idk if it’s the OL or Mayfield missing hot reads or what, but it’s absolutely mind blowing that TJ Watt is left unblocked.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Agree on all accounts. I'm not ready to give up on Desmond Harrison yet.

Most of those free rushers came from the right side, if I'm not mistaken.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I have no doubt he could be very good. But 1. He’s to light 2. Our coaches are doing him no favors. Putting him one on one every play. No chips. no TEs. no RB help. he’s all alone. 3. Our coaches don’t know how to develop him properly. As funny as bob Wylie is he’s a terrible and lazy OL coach. JT covered for him the last two years. and now that he’s actually had to coach his ineptness has been exposed. 

Edited by bosko1616

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk if it’s the OL or Mayfield missing hot reads or what, but it’s absolutely mind blowing that TJ Watt is left unblocked.

I was producing our station's postgame, and Jerod Cherry was talking about how he never saw Baker audible out of any plays with obvious blitzes, coverages, etc. That was an interesting point. He suggested that it looked like Haley (or someone) removed his responsibility of being allowed to change up the play. That'll be something to watch for moving forward.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I was producing our station's postgame, and Jerod Cherry was talking about how he never saw Baker audible out of any plays with obvious blitzes, coverages, etc. That was an interesting point. He suggested that it looked like Haley (or someone) removed his responsibility of being allowed to change up the play. That'll be something to watch for moving forward.

Baker was definitely making calls at the line earlier in the season, if he has been told he is not allowed to that’s ridiculous