Sign in to follow this  
MistaBohmbastic

Should the Browns move on from Desmond Harrison after this season?

Browns future left tackle?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Browns future left tackle?

• Ride it out with Des Harrison
    • Sign/Draft an LT in the offseason

Want to get everyone's thoughts. He's flashed at times, and obviously he's only a rookie, but Baker's pocket has been in shambles more than we'd like. I don't pin this all on Des, and he seems to get better as games go on. I wouldn't say get rid of Harrison altogether, but I don't want our QB to get killed back there either.

If they can truly upgrade to a better LT. You make him the RT. 

I think the guy has been fine. Right side is by far our worst part of the OL

Id give him more time, he played poorly against a premier rusher today, and had a bad snap vs Carl Nassib. 

Just now, candyman93 said:

I’m a LOT more worried about Chris Hubbard.

yes. hubbard sucks, can't finish a block.

Coleman was better, at least when he whiffed, he whiffed hard. 

No offense, but you are proposing we move on from a player because of growing pains, after the season - when he's done gone through the growing pains? He needs a Lil bulk and experience. Moving on when he'll finally have obtained the experience and have an off season to add the bulk...? 

I'm not waiting for answers. I believe the questions answer themselves.

Edited by Fatgerman

Both tackles have been bad. Harrison has really struggled since we started going against teams with good pass rushers. I am still optimistic about him long term, but I'm not ride or die. More like, ride until something better presents itself.

4 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

No offense, but you are proposing we move on from a player because of growing pains, after the season - when he's done gone through the growing pains? He needs a Lil bulk and experience. Moving on when he'll finally have obtained the experience and have an off season to add the bulk...? 

he is like Callaway, has hardly played football recently, needs to put his whole life together, calling it quits after less than half a season is short sighted. 

Firstly, I appreciate everyone's responses.

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

No offense taken. I'm honestly asking this question because I'm torn on whether I need to start watching tape of potential left tackles in the upcoming draft class. I want to stick it out with Harrison because I know the talent is there, but I'm not sure how the Browns feel.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hubbard is the problem. So is tretter. Those guys were backups for a reason. 

I thought you said he was better than Schwartz 

5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I thought you said he was better than Schwartz 

Huhhh

wrong guy pal

15 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Firstly, I appreciate everyone's responses.

No offense taken. I'm honestly asking this question because I'm torn on whether I need to start watching tape of potential left tackles in the upcoming draft class. I want to stick it out with Harrison because I know the talent is there, but I'm not sure how the Browns feel.

I'm glad you weren't offended. If I am Dorsey, I let my judgment of Desmond's character decide the future. If I feel like he truly has his head on right and isn't a constant liability off the field, I'd stick by him. He will be a very solid-very good LT; he has everything you can want from the position, but just needs time and added bulk, both easily acquired. He's the player as long as he keeps his nose clean. That is literally my only concern. I've seen enough IMO, to trust that experience and girth will resolve any other issues.

Hell, I feel better about him 7 games in his first season than I ever did about Ereck Flowers, Cam Erving, or that bum Joe Thomas!

Just kidding about that last one, or am I? #overrated? Just jklol

Edited by Fatgerman

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Huhhh

wrong guy pal

No. You said “Hubbard is by far our best RT in the past decade including Schwartz”