Preseason Week 2: Bills vs Eagles

Webmaster

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I feel so bad for Streater. He was having a terrific camp and a really good game. Thought he played his way onto the 53. Maybe this will give the team some inspitation to play as hard as Streater has been playing

What happened? Did he get hurt? I wasn't able to watch at all. I've really been pulling for him to make the team and do well.

7 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

What happened? Did he get hurt? I wasn't able to watch at all. I've really been pulling for him to make the team and do well.

Apparently it's a toe injury. It looked much worse. The entire team surrounded him as he was being carted off. He liked visibly upset to... so it seemed bad. I'm guessing the fact that he's a fringe 53 guy is what really bummed him out (myself included). Was really pulling for him - he looked great last night.

5 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

First round pick for Tyrod and a 4th?!

As a Jaguars fan, with our luck we'd trade for Taylor and he'd get hurt coming off the plane and the pick would end up being top 3.

What you guys think he ends up netting if you really were to deal him? We apparently talked with CIN about McCarron but they asked for too much.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

As a Jaguars fan, with our luck we'd trade for Taylor and he'd get hurt coming off the plane and the pick would end up being top 3.

What you guys think he ends up netting if you really were to deal him? We apparently talked with CIN about McCarron but they asked for too much.

Honestly I don't think a first rounder is completely out of the question depending on the team. I'd saying something after 15th wouldn't be crazy. Look at what Bradford got traded for and I don't think Tyrod is that much worse. I'm not saying it's necessarily good value but there is precedence there. 

For what it's worth I don't think he's going anywhere. 

10 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Honestly I don't think a first rounder is completely out of the question depending on the team. I'd saying something after 15th wouldn't be crazy. Look at what Bradford got traded for and I don't think Tyrod is that much worse. I'm not saying it's necessarily good value but there is precedence there. 

For what it's worth I don't think he's going anywhere. 

Fair enough. Seems to be a solid amount of smoke around him.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Fair enough. Seems to be a solid amount of smoke around him.

I think it's just people using the "tanking" trades to sell speculation. I think he'd be a good fit with the Jags but I'd be furious if we got anything less than a second or third for him. Our offense scored as many TDs as the Steelers last year and while he wasn't really the driving force behind it he certainly played his part. 

11 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I think it's just people using the "tanking" trades to sell speculation. I think he'd be a good fit with the Jags but I'd be furious if we got anything less than a second or third for him. Our offense scored as many TDs as the Steelers last year and while he wasn't really the driving force behind it he certainly played his part. 

Yeah, I was thinking a 3rd, maybe a 2nd.

He'd be a great fit here.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I was thinking a 3rd, maybe a 2nd.

He'd be a great fit here.

Sorry I actually messed up, I meant a second AND third. Anything less than a second for a starting NFL QB is just crazy given the current way the league is set up. Alex Smith and, as I mentioned earlier, Sam Bradford are good examples. 

9 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Sorry I actually messed up, I meant a second AND third. Anything less than a second for a starting NFL QB is just crazy given the current way the league is set up. Alex Smith and, as I mentioned earlier, Sam Bradford are good examples. 

Yeah, I just dont see anyone paying that much. Maybe a 2nd and a later pick but not sure I see us voughing up two high picks.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I just dont see anyone paying that much. Maybe a 2nd and a later pick but not sure I see us voughing up two high picks.

Yeah I totally get that and I wouldn't pay that much if I was an opposing team, just that other teams have shown a willingness to pay that for similarly talented players. 

14 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah I totally get that and I wouldn't pay that much if I was an opposing team, just that other teams have shown a willingness to pay that for similarly talented players. 

Yeah I guess we'll see. After the rumors of us talking to CIN about McCarron I think we're calling teams. Especially after Bortles continues to show little progress.

45 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah I guess we'll see. After the rumors of us talking to CIN about McCarron I think we're calling teams. Especially after Bortles continues to show little progress.

It's a real shame that you guys wanted until now to start cashing out on Bortles. They could have done anything to address the situation and failed to do so, I think I'd feel more comfortable with Henne taking the reigns than Bortles. Not a whole lot out there other than Kaep right now. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

It's a real shame that you guys wanted until now to start cashing out on Bortles. They could have done anything to address the situation and failed to do so, I think I'd feel more comfortable with Henne taking the reigns than Bortles. Not a whole lot out there other than Kaep right now. 

Marrone had a similar situation in BUF when he went with Orton and he had a 9-7 team. If Fournette and the defense can be leaned on we can win some games if we have a guy who limits the turnovers. Doubt Blake starts long at all if he is our starter week 1.

If he gets hurt with that 5th yr option picked up it becomes guaranteed. Wouldnt be shocked if Bortles gets cut at the end of the preseason honestly.

Archived